What kind of Pipes are these?!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Cory, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Cory

Cory Member

They came on my dad's 883 custom, with I'm also guessing a fuel man, and a stage 1 air cleaner (looks the same, without the snout on the cover). he took my stock ones as these are too loud for him. now he's having problems with the gas light popping on under acceleration and his mileage went way down..

but enough about him- he's going to get that stuff fixed tomorrow at the dealer to reprog it.

I can't figure it out for the life of me... here's a few pics, and I'm waiting for the video to finish uploading..

oh yeah, and the pipes are de-baffled.

any takers?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I haven't noticed any performance suffering on my otherwise stock performing sporty.. although exhaust is a little richer than usual at times. (don't worry a TFI is in the works) But it is just baffling me (no pun intended) as to what kind of pipes these are...

2. nolafishr

nolafishr Active Member

They look like SE Pipes or Rush Slip on's. Have you checked for any Name or Numbers on them?

3. Romain

Romain Active Member

Samson Silver Bullet Slip-On or Rush Slip-On, IMHO. (Check realhog.com for pics.)

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Look on the underside and see if there are any part numbers there.

5. slickrick2085

slickrick2085 Member

look like cycle shacks to me, had a set on my xl1200c.

6. Cory

Cory Member

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Sounds good...and looks good! New bike does not have as much "engine noise" in the background as my '04 does...!

8. Cory

Cory Member

thank ya. i washed and dried it shortly after i took the shots/video. pledged it and that stuff is great. now i just gotta polish the aluminum.

9. JustDave

JustDave Member

look like my cycle shack slip-ons. ($180)
    nice sound to them

10. Cory

Cory Member

went to the Harley Shop where it was purchased. Service was able to find that it had history there... The harley had a full stage one upgrade done to it. And the pipes are Rush Slip-ons. Thanks for everyone's input!