free website stats program What kind of bars are on your touring bike? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What kind of bars are on your touring bike?

2004 Road King Custom- stock beach bars made bike feel like I was steering a wheel barrel. I then tried 10 inch mini-apes because they fit with stock wires and cables. Now I have 14 inch Wild One Apes - they are tons better than stock. I am very happy although if I could do it again I'd go with 16 inch.

Believe it not they are stock.. I have ridden other Road Kings with everything from beach bars to ape hangers and find the stock bars to be the most comfortable.

Believe it not they are stock.. I have ridden other Road Kings with everything from beach bars to ape hangers and find the stock bars to be the most comfortable.
WAP.gif

How tall are you, Sled?
I'm only about 5'9" stock bars are making me lean forward. Wild 1 RG bars look a little too far back for me, as do the RK bars. I'm at a cross roads.
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
try to pull/adjust it back toward you as far as it can go, I'm 5'11" and that how I did on mine, tried 2" pull back riser did not works for me, it push me way back handling wasn't great either.

98 ROAD KING STOCK BARS and when I make a tight sharp slow turn I hit my knee.I have to swing my knee out of the way?

16" Burly Bar Apes on my '02 RK. They were on the bike when I bought it. Can't wait to take them off. Got most of the parts necessary to swap powdercoated 2013 FatBoy bars on.

Back