free website stats program What kind of bars are on your touring bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

What kind of bars are on your touring bike?

RUSHMORE_14

What kind of bars do you have and if you can, some thoughts and a pic.....
Thanks,
Root Beer
WAP.gif

Stock bars. Positioned about 2'' forward of where they were set new. Perfect for me I can ride a 10 Hrs. day without shoulder or arm cramping.

Don't know what mine are called. But they are low and wide. About 1" off the tank if I turn tight.

In a northeast accent.....stawk :p

No complaints here with the ergonomics for me so these are staying on it. I do wish they were black though and may powdercoat them as a winter project.
WAP.gif

Stock bars and they could not be better, except making very short low speed turns,I have to lean on them.I'm thinking that I would be in better control without leaning on the bars.I bought a set of heritage bars, have not put them on yet. Even if they work well at low speed turning,I'll change back to stock if not satisfied with the way they feel on the open road,just have to try.

I have a 2004 Road King Custom. The stock bars are called Beach bars. They are very comfortable at speed and in wide turns. Low speed tight turns are a little trickier because they are so wide. But I have no complaints other than I wish I could roll the brake and clutch levers down a little more than the slot in the bars allows. Maybe some day I will modify the bars a little to let me roll the controls down a little more so I don't have to change the angle of my wrist when I use them.

Stock on the RG, just a little rolled down from the dealer. '95 RK bars on the '94 Heritage.

Back