free website stats program What kind of a deal did I get? | Harley Davidson Forums

What kind of a deal did I get?

harleypr

Account Removed
I recently purchased a Softail Deluxe in turquoise and antique white. I love everything about the bike and have about 300 miles on it since I bought it on 12-11-09. The weather hasn't cooperated to well and it's been cold. I paid 16k out the door and wanted to see what the opinion here was on whether that was a good deal. It has the profile rims and the security system and I got a "free" t shirt. I'm happy and that is the main thing but did I leave money on the table?

sounds about right........these guys are looking to get biges off the floor.
post a pic of the bike
congrats!:D

If it's a 09, MSRP was 17,449 + 450 (wheel opt.) + 345 (security) = $18,244 & you pd 16,000 so the discount was ~12% ($2244 off MSRP). Not bad savings & you know what they say - "as long as you're happy - it's a good deal." Time to ride...weather permitting.:D

Sounds to me like the free T shirt sealed the deal, it would have been iffy without that! Just kidding, sounds lika a pretty good deal, enjoy the biks and ride safe.

If it's a 09, MSRP was 17,449 + 450 (wheel opt.) + 345 (security) = $18,244 & you pd 16,000 so the discount was ~12% ($2244 off MSRP). :D

"Out the Door" to me, which is what Harleypr said, would include Sales Tax. If so, add ~$800 & you got a GREAT deal...

Harleypr, was your out the door including Tax?

Sounds to me like you got a great deal.
Bottom line is;
Do you think you gotta good deal, or are you gloating?
Congrats on the new ride.

I see these posts all the time and just have to laugh. You say you are happy so what else matters? Hundreds of things can be considered part of the "deal." Financing? Maintenance? P&A discounts at time of purchase? Did you walk out feeling you had formed a good relationship with that dealership or was it an adversarial climate the whole way? How do you feel about their service department? Did you even meet anyone in the service department? Extended warranty?

Why do most of us park our new bikes for the first time and almost immediately start wondering if we got a good or bad deal? Is it, as someone just posted, an ego thing and we really just want everyone to know what a great deal we got? Do we do this every time we purchase a car? A toaster?

Like I said, if YOU are happy then that's all that matters. When the weather cooperates and you get some more miles on the bike, hopefully you'll forget all about what you paid and just enjoy it!

I'm with Dr. D...got my new 09 SG last Sep & can't remember what I paid. Guess it's a good deal, or maybe Altzheimer's???:dknow

Back