free website stats program What Is Your Line Of Work | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Is Your Line Of Work

Retired Master Electrician; Worked out of Local Union 177 IBEW; Have a hobby shop now and restore muscle cars; Learning about Hogs!!!

Consultant in the Recycling Business, You would be amazed as how much of the everyday stuff you throwaway is recycled.

One man's trash is another man's"Chinese" treasure.

Have been a Schoolteacher,then worked in load control in the freight section of one of our domestic airlines and currently am an Electrical Fitter and Mechanic,plus Linesperson.Means i'm an electrician who is qualified to climb power poles and perform live work up to 1kv.I work emergency call out rosters every 6 weeks(1 week of 24/7 availability),do high voltage overhead and sub station switching -up to 33kv, and have to be available for storm restoration and repair.When MS Nature strikes.
Plus i do design work,job and crew scheduling and other myriad tasks to keep people in the light.

Let's see...started my working life as a cashier at the PX, Ft Leavenworth, Ks. Did about 1 year with Hallmark cards making candles. Joined the Air Force, had a bad car wreck and was medically discharged (uncle sam make my bike and car payments). Decided to try school for 4 years. Then it was a cpl of years as a warehouse foreman at the Federal Pen in Bastrop, Tx. Then 15 long years with the Post Office until I went postal. Used all my retirement money running a web design business (that was my retirement...lasted 5 years). For the last 5 years I've been a Probation Officer here in San Angelo, TX. Still trying to come up with another business...much prefer working for myself.

I have been in graphic design for to long; from using pencils and paint to magic markers to computers.
Currently self employed Design Consultant.

I work at the other end of the food and beverage industry too. (My original joke, OK to use it if you quote me)... I remember telling my 3rd grade teacher when she asked us what we wanted to be. "of course, I want to be a wastewater maintenance manager". Product isn't that great coming in but the water we produce is crystal clear and I work with a great bunch of people.

Should be riding my new shiny red 09 FLHR in a couple of weeks...can't wait, the wait is killing me. Don't get in the way of that delivery truck from PA to CA.

Looks like a lot of Telco guys here. Me too, well retired from Bellsouth in S.C. after 35 yrs. Now work in parts and service at Charlie's HD in Huntington, WV

We're going to hide your tools on you if you keep this up :s.

You mess with my tools, we might have trouble.......:newsmile01: :boxing

QUOTE=rhino;65048]I operate a 6000 horse scrap shredder. I can shred a full size pickup truck complete with block into pieces the size of a baseball in around 30 seconds. on a good day i can shred better than 1000 tons. ive been in industrial scrap management for 15 years. ive always liked heavy machinery so i guess im in the right business.[/QUOTE]

That's some cool stuff Rhino, my dad was in the recycling business. The only reason I'm not in it is he wouldn't let me run the cranes or the shear.....I got the 'that's no job for a girl' speech. Now look at me. :D Big brother & cousins sort of run the biz now, when my dad & uncle let them. :s

20 years US Navy submarine mechanic(auxiliaryman) retired, partnered in a bike shop for a few years, went under. Was fun while it lasted, worked for Intel, a paper mill and a printing compan. Now I work for Sikorsky Aircraft helping to build Blackhawk helicopters! Big change from a submarine or motorcycle:s Having a good time:coffee:D

Back