free website stats program What Is Your Line Of Work | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Is Your Line Of Work

Communications tech for a small telco since '86.

Phone, paging, phone systems (including those annoying answering and routing systems!), networking, internet, alarm systems. Just about any low voltage application.

Manufacturing engineer over sheetmetal department of a large HVAC company. Before I worker here (TRANE) I designed airplane parts for a small aircraft company.

Hmmm what I do for a living.... Well I have worn many hats in my short years... I was a PSIA and AASI certified ski and snowboard instructor for a few winters. Dishwasher, butt-kisser, cook, I have about 10 years experience in the snowsports industry. Ski technician lift operator, shuttle bus driver, ski bum etc, but that really doesn't pay the bills. I am currently an independent delivery contractor. I started out delivering newspapers door to door, and progressed from there. I delivered pizza for 6 years and moved to a contract with Wal-mart and their Fujifilm processing. I lost that contract in December 07 due to rising fuel costs. I most recently drove a patient transport van for an ambulance service, which I left to pursue my own company. I have driven about half a million safe miles for pay. I am studying for my CDL endorsement at the moment and hopefully I can get my own enterprise off the ground. It has been my dream all my life to be my own boss and own my own business

That being said, if there are any members of the forum that need a bike hauled, please feel free to PM me and we can work out an arrangement.

Communications tech for a telco since '72.

Installation and repair from telco to subscriber equiptment.
Residentilal phones, business phones, paging sysrems, internet trouble shooter, alarm systems, data systems from simple dial up to fibre, and production analaysis.

Retired my self from the automotive field after 18 years turning wrenches, 10 years with 2 independent shops and the last 8 years with a dealer (Mitsubishi). My back and Knees (6'4") could not hold up to it any longer.

Currently working for the last five years as an operations manager for a door comapny that repairs and installs auto doors, manual doors, roll steel, sectional doors, dock equipment and freight lifts in many of the retail stores you visit around the country.
Ike and Gustav keep me VERY busy the last few weeks getting the large orange box stores open to sell product.

Communications/Telecommunications 39 years.

Now switch tech for small mom/pop cellular co.

CNC Programmer, Machinist, Set-up & operate CNC mills & lathe's for a company that manufactures power tranmission products.

I was active duty Marine Corps from 88-92, got out after the gulf; drove over the road for a short while then started with Local 10 Ironworkers. In 95 when into the Reserves then when 9-11 broke out volunteered for activation and have been playing the Marine Corps game ever since. Getting ready to head back to the sand box to play another round!

Management consultant - IT strategy and management. I've been doing this for 35 years and still can't explain it. :15:

I was active duty Marine Corps from 88-92, got out after the gulf; drove over the road for a short while then started with Local 10 Ironworkers. In 95 when into the Reserves then when 9-11 broke out volunteered for activation and have been playing the Marine Corps game ever since. Getting ready to head back to the sand box to play another round!

Whoa! Dude be sure and keep your freakin head down "K"..I haven't laid eyes on ya yet...I wanna meet you and the better half ( if there be one ) for Dinner up round the K.C> area...you know I need some excuse to ride to the other side...lol...beside wanna stop in the new Bass Pro just off 70 there...lol:D

Back