free website stats program What is this plug? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is this plug?

I think it could be the connection port for the electrical refurbishment device used to replenish the stored energy containment system that is located under the drivers comfort section of the 2 wheeled vehicle pictured ...... maybe?

I'm in total agreement with the forum. If it is not what it seems, it still works with the battery tender. However, I did have a 8 track tape player in the 70's that had that same connector. I'm fairly certain that you could also plug it into that also. BTW my local dealer told me that all new bikes are stock with that connector now.

OP...did you buy bike from private party? If so, ask to see if they could offer up the other end of this plug (actual tender)??? Worth a shot...

Following the crowd on this one , BUT if you want to mount 2 way Motorola dash mount radio , your all set it uses the same plug LOL

.........check the connections at the battery. Mine (2010 New FatBoy) was so sloppily done I would be ashamed to call myself a tech.
Ride Safe on that new to you scoot!!!
wilks3
:USA

While we're on the subject of battery tender plugs, ( I think ). Why does mine have 3 connectors in it?
1 male, 1 female, and 1 flat connector that gets left unused when I connect the Deltran Battery Tender Jr. to it. I suspected it may have something to do with the factory alarm and unauthorized tampering with the battery so I left the alarm fob in the house. It seemed to work correctly, indicating a full charge after it was plugged in for a few minutes. I had been on the bike earlier that day for a couple hours.
Plug came installed on the bike.
Purchased new from dealer in December of last year.
2009 Softail Custom

Back