free website stats program What is this and where does it go? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is this and where does it go?

marcus22

130913_002_zps753141d2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ok sorry for bad pic. I'm wondering what the metal port pointing in to the motor is. This is right behind the air filter on the air intake. it looks like a breather hose or something should be on it. its an 03 ultra 88ci motor.

thanks,

marcus

From what I can see of the location, the air pressure sensor goes in that area.
But the sensor has an electrical connection. Does the end of that piece screw into the manifold, or is it a hose? Is it right in the center?

From what I can see of the location, the air pressure sensor goes in that area.
But the sensor has an electrical connection. Does the end of that piece screw into the manifold, or is it a hose? Is it right in the center?

its a 90 degree metal port that looks to have a barb on the end so a rubber hose can be clamped to it. its off to the left of the intake directly into the manifold.

if it is open/uncapped and you can feel suction (finger over fitting) when running...
Get it capped and your Vacuum will improve a BUNCH and better running will be the result...

signed....BUBBIE

it is a fitting that in not used that lets unfiltered air into the trottle body ahead of the trottle plate. The rubber cap that was on it desenagrated with heat and age. Get a new cap at NAPA or most any auto parts store. They are available in an assortment kit. The first time I needed one I couldn't get it at a dealer.

Back