What is this and where does it go?

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by marcus22, Sep 13, 2013.

1. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

ok sorry for bad pic. I'm wondering what the metal port pointing in to the motor is. This is right behind the air filter on the air intake. it looks like a breather hose or something should be on it. its an 03 ultra 88ci motor.

thanks,

marcus

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

From what I can see of the location, the air pressure sensor goes in that area.
    But the sensor has an electrical connection. Does the end of that piece screw into the manifold, or is it a hose? Is it right in the center?

3. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

its a 90 degree metal port that looks to have a barb on the end so a rubber hose can be clamped to it. its off to the left of the intake directly into the manifold.

4. seadogbrr

seadogbrr Member

That 90* elbow is an unused port and should have a rubber cap on it.

5. llharr

llharr Member

Seadog is right, just went out and checked mine and it does have a rubber cap on it:s.

6. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

if it is open/uncapped and you can feel suction (finger over fitting) when running...
    Get it capped and your Vacuum will improve a BUNCH and better running will be the result...

signed....BUBBIE

7. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

thanks a bunch!

8. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

WELL?

What was it?

Open and sucking air or Nothing ?

signed....BUBBIE

9. 03ultra45385

03ultra45385 Active Member

it is a fitting that in not used that lets unfiltered air into the trottle body ahead of the trottle plate. The rubber cap that was on it desenagrated with heat and age. Get a new cap at NAPA or most any auto parts store. They are available in an assortment kit. The first time I needed one I couldn't get it at a dealer.