free website stats program What is "The Shop" near HD Museum? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is "The Shop" near HD Museum?

rick1062

I am traveling to IL and WI and am planning on a stop at the HD Museum. On their website, they mention "The Shop" is across the street. It also has hours listed. So... what is "The Shop"?

Thanks as always,

If I remember correctly the "Shop" is the manufacturing plant and well worth the time.

Just another question.
Which HD dealers are the ones to see in Milwaukee area? Which one is closest to the Museum?

Just another question.
Which HD dealers are the ones to see in Milwaukee area? Which one is closest to the Museum?

There are 4 dealers in the area. Milwaukee Harley is out near both plants. Hals Harley is out in New Berlin, House Of Harley is on the south side on Layton Ave. and Saburban Harley is in a suburb called Thiensville. To me they all seem about the same distance. All are excessable via the freeway. Google them and you will see not to hard at all to hit all 4.

Don't know your route ,but on I94 N from Chicago to Milwaukee you might want to stop at Ukes in Kenosha and on Hwy 20e there is Racine HD

Thanks for the replies folks.

I really haven't picked the exact route yet, but we will be coming from North Chicago, near the Navy Training Center. Our son is graduating from the Boot Camp there.

We will be heading that way from So Cal this Thursday and sticking around for sight seeing for about a week. Any other 'must sees' that we should try to check out? This will be our first time in the area.

On the list so far is renting bikes for a day and checking out the country side, Navy Pier, river tour in Chicago, Amish country around Arcola, Chicago evening fireworks, HD museum and engine factory, as well as some dealerships.

I am from Michigan, but have stopped at Ukes a couple of times and stil have not been to the museum.
If you ever stay in Oshkosh, tell the hotel you are there for Oshkosh truck. Any room for $65

Back