free website stats program What is the real price???? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is the real price????

dawg16

I reside in Kansas. I've visited most of the dealers in my area, and come to the conclusion that pretty much all of them don't lower, or allow to much haggling on price....you pay what is listed. Also, the prices are pretty much the same between the dealers, so "shopping" around for a better price usually doesn't yield any better prices.
I'm in Fl. this week and visited a dealer in Destin, FL. Walk in and see a bike that I'm planning on buying when I get back home. (different color though) We get to talking about the bike and he tells me if I take it out the door today, he'll knock off $2,000 off the price.(which was just about the same price on my Kansas bike.) I about fell over, I've never talked to a dealer that would knock off that much money. This bike was a cvo fat bob also. I don't get it!!!!

Usually when the dealer comes off that much he has the price jacked up that much and can make you feel like you are getting a good deal. However I like to buy some where close to home if I can and that way I can get to know the people that service are work on my bikke if needed. Also a lot of the time when you get to know the dealer and employees you can get information from them.:)

Usually when the dealer comes off that much he has the price jacked up that much and can make you feel like you are getting a good deal. However I like to buy some where close to home if I can and that way I can get to know the people that service are work on my bikke if needed. Also a lot of the time when you get to know the dealer and employees you can get information from them.:)

The price wasn't jacked up. It was pretty much the price I've seen everywhere on this bike....I do believe all the prices are jacked up....they just don't come down any. That's why the $2,000 off surprised me.

The usual markup on the bigger bikes is about $3500. It depends on how many bikes they sold that month if they will talk price with you or not. Things like the extended warranty are also negotiable too.
The CVO bikes will make them more money but the market for them is smaller because of the price. The return on the CVO bikes at time of resale really doesn't justify the additional purchase price of the bike either, been there done that.:s
If you shop around some more, you'll find a dealer that will negotiate price with you.

Our local dealer will talk price with you to sell a bike and don't forget the "extras" that you ask for to make the deal fly after the price is firmed up, they will usually go for about $400 or so in extras at their expense to make it happen if they want to sell the bike, again here it depends on the price you negotiated for the bike. They also offer a "tax back" incentive that they will give you back what you pay in tax on the bike. You just have to shop it around to get the deal you are comfortable with.

You can find the invoice on any bike here what they pay if you are curious but there is a charge for it.

CycleBuy.com - Accessories for Motorcycles-ATVs and Dealer invoice information

I've checked out a lot of dealers around the Chicago land area, they will not come down in price much at all, I ended up buying my bike off of craigslist

I just negotiated a deal on a 2009 FLHTC with trading in my 2008 FLSTF and between the dealers i visited I got a $3500 dollar price difference. On top of that I received an email from harley Canada before i picked up the new bike saying that there was an incentive program out for $1500 off the purchase price of a new big v twin, when I asked the dealer about this program they said they did not know abut it at the time of the deal but since i had not picked up the bike yet they would give me another $750 off. So the deals are out there.

I'm fairly new when it comes to the HD family. I have bought plenty of new vehicles, but not many bikes. There is no comparison between buying vehicles vs. buying from HD. I've noticed HD headquarters has alot more strangle hold on their dealers (IMO) than do car manufacturers. Maybe that is a good thing, I don't know......I don't see HD asking for a bailout. Every dealer I've been in is clean and neatly organized. The one I was in yesterday, I think you could have eaten off the bathroom floor. I think HD has it figured out when it comes to marketing. I imagine they learned that years ago when times weren't so good. I asked the guy yesterday what's new for 2010. He was the owner, and he said I won't know until we have "meetings" coming soon. My opinion...HD keeps a tight rein on their dealers.

Dealers down here don't come off the MSRP, but if you shop around you'll find the prep and shipping fees can vary significantly. When I bought my '08, I priced at two dealers; both sold at MSRP, but there was a $1,000.00 difference in the bottom-line price.

If you plan on letting the dealer do your service work, be sure to check the difference in labor rates and reputation of the shop. Those can vary significantly as well.

Go to the H-D website and you can get the msrp's. At least going in you'll have a general idea of what the price should be close to. I think right now it's a buyers market, in another month or 2 the 2010's will be hitting the floors so you might be able to get a deal. My local dealer has a huge huge huge showroom with a Texas longhorn outside and someone has to feed, it ain't gonna be me! I'm not paying for anything extra.

Go talk to Clay one of the owners at St. Joe Harley Davidson in St. Joseph, MO. Thats where I got my bikes and they will give you as good a deal as you can get. No, they won't come off MSRP on this model year, no reputable dealer will, but they will throw in a bunch of stuff, including 1st service and no shipping or set up fees.

Back