free website stats program What is the name for this plug? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is the name for this plug?

bikerfishman

This is the plug that conects the rear tail light and turn signals to the wirring harness located under the seat on the rear fender for touring models.

The picture is from J&P p/n 300-077 and it costs 50 bucks after shipping, a little pricey if you ask me. and I figure if I buy the pieces from the stealer it would not be much cheaper.

So as all plugs have a name I figure I can buy the parts from a vendor and make one cheaper.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 68
But what is the name of the plug that harley uses for the conector.

For example the deutsch connector is used for the accesory plug but what is the tail light conector called?

But what is the name of the plug that harley uses for the conector.

For example the deutsch connector is used for the accesory plug but what is the tail light conector called?

From what I can match in my '07 Serv.manual, it's called a "multilock" connector. My book show pics of 3,6 and 10 place "multilock" connectors, your pic looks like a 8 place, which is not shown.

I have some of the plugs if you send me a address I will send you one along with the connectors but no wire.

Thanks Breeze, thats what they are!

Found them for $2.99 each @ retrocycle.com

J&P wants $73 plus shipping for there trailer harness, I am pretty sure I can make it for a 1/4 of that.

Also thinking of making a plug and play harness that works the same way between the tail light multilock then into deutsch connectors for the tour pac.
This way I could not only save money but wire it so the tour pac has brake lights and turn signals.

Thanks Sprinkman I might take you up on that, but let me check localy and see what I can round up today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked in the HD Service Manual, and it appears to be an Amphenol Multi-Lock Connector which requires a pick tool to depress connector pin/recepticle retaining tang to release from the housing...just FYI as you seem to have everything covered.

Back