free website stats program What is the Difference ??? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is the Difference ???

slopdogg

I was just wondering what is the difference between and Dyna's like the super glide,wide glide,low rider, fat bob, street bob, etc. is it just the look and style or is one bigger, or raked out more lower, ride better???? just wondering why there is so many types.

Dyna just means that bike has rear shocks in view. And yes there is different models to appease the masses... Thought there is subtle difference to make each model unique...:s

The SuperGlide and the Street Bob are the nearest match. The both share all the same structual characteristics with only tank trim, engine finish, gauge and bar differences.

The Low Rider has some other differences and the WideGlide has the most dramatic structual differences in tree width and frame rake.

When I chose my super glide, I just sat on as many H-D motorcycles as I could. I chose the one that 'felt' the best to me. Its most certainly a very personal decision; with no correct or 'right' answer . . .
Mark - Thanks!

I drove them all , i bought the fat bob i liked the solid wheels, easier to clean and the bigger tire on the front handles alot better on the road. i found the tar snakes in the road and crackes caught the smaller tire and cause it to follow them making it pull the bike. and the two headlights at nite are also impressive.

Pre 2012 the motors were all identicle except for paint. In 2012 all dyna models come with the 103 ci exept the superglide custom and the street bob. Dyna's all share the same frame but rake is different for different models.....trim, seat, paint, wheels are all different for each model giving a different overall feel and look to the ride! A wide glide is a great boulevard bruiser or bar hopper where the switchback is a medium distance cruiser and the superglide custom is kind of the general cruiser. I have a superglide custom and use it for everything......cummuting, bar hopping, and even the occasional long distance tour when I add my sissy bar bag!

Back in 76 there were far fewer choices (FX,FXE,FL,FLH and Sportsters) The Superglide FXE was my choice because it felt right. I still have it but my preferred ride is my Ultra. Generally speaking the Dyna/Super bikes are still a great choice.

Back