free website stats program What is the deadline for ordering an 08 bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is the deadline for ordering an 08 bike?

hogie

I am in the process of completing the Rider's Edge Course. I have never owned a bike before and am really looking forward to the experience and challnge. I am leaning heavily toward the Street Glide but plan on renting various models before I make a final selection.

My issue is that I really like the White Gold Pearl color available on the 2008 Street Glide but this color is not listed as a 2009 option. How late can I wait to order the 2008 if that is the model I choose? Can I get an 09 in this color?

Thanks for the help.

Hogie

being in the auto industry, my guess is the deadline has passed you buy. I would just make a call to your local dealer and check. The sales guy should be able to tell you instantly if he is worth his salt. If not see if they can look around and get what you want.

Congrats on your successful completion of Rider's Edge!

Gotta believe there's still some new inventory out there. Try here:

ChopperExchange - Buy and Sell Used Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

Just select the year and model you're looking for and check "dealer" if you only want new ones. Then it's just a matter of finding your dream color.

You should also be able to find a mint condition, low mileage, used 2008 in the color you're looking for if you're really persistent and patient.

Good luck! :cheers

I know of 2 dealers in my area (Tampa, FL) that have 2008 white Street Glides from the 2008 inventory. If your not already here, plan a trip and pick one up!!! Might want to wait until Faye is done with us. :bigsmiley20:

sgsam

Not sure how it works but most dealers advertise they can deliver a machine anywhere you want it. I had a buddy order from Bruce Rossmeyer twice and both times they delivered to his door no additional charge.

Back