free website stats program What is it? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is it?

Jim Burks

I have an '07 Ultra Clasic and it has some sort of Hoodus on the fairing I don't know what it is.On the top right just below the windshield there is a plug in for some type of electronic gadget.It is where the moulded inner fairing drops down just above the Volt meter.It has about 4 contact points where whatever it is makes up.Could this be a Radar Detector or some sort of GPS? I've never seen one on any other bike and it appears to be an added option as it fits like it was made for that specific bike. Anyone know what it's for? Thanks for any input and I hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving and has a Blessed Christmas.Jim

A picture would help greatly.

Did you buy it from a dealer or an individual? Any way to contact the owner before you and find out? Have you asked anyone at the dealership if they know what it is?

Getting information about anything at my dealership is sort of like talking to a block wall,once that bike rolls out of their showroom they look at you like you are from Mars or somewhere.I only go in there if I have to.The bike was used when I bought it.This part is obviously specific for this application.I'm gonna try to post a pic so you guys can see it.I'm sort of computer illiterate so it might take a bit.Thanks guys for your time and input.

Getting information about anything at my dealership is sort of like talking to a block wall,once that bike rolls out of their showroom they look at you like you are from Mars or somewhere.I only go in there if I have to.The bike was used when I bought it.This part is obviously specific for this application.I'm gonna try to post a pic so you guys can see it.I'm sort of computer illiterate so it might take a bit.Thanks guys for your time and input.

Jim, did you get it at Riders in Trussville? If you are by there ask to speak to Bart. We go back many many moons. :s

I apologize about the remarks about the dealership,I had a bad rub with a couple of the employees and I guess I hold it against the whole dealership.All in all they have been OK.I had a question about my CB and the service dept pretty much told me that I could leave the bike and they would get to it when they could.I just need the answer to a question and it chapped me.This is Rocket Harley in Huntsville.Seems that one or two people that don't deal with the public well can hurt a business.Anyway BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.I took a pic ot the mount and I can't get it loaded here.I did notice that it has the HD shield on it.

This is the fairing mount for a Garmin Conquest GPS unit. If the unit were removed, there would be several copper strip contacts exposed on the lower right.

GPS_Mount.png

I apologize about the remarks about the dealership,I had a bad rub with a couple of the employees and I guess I hold it against the whole dealership.All in all they have been OK.I had a question about my CB and the service dept pretty much told me that I could leave the bike and they would get to it when they could.I just need the answer to a question and it chapped me.This is Rocket Harley in Huntsville.Seems that one or two people that don't deal with the public well can hurt a business.Anyway BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.I took a pic ot the mount and I can't get it loaded here.I did notice that it has the HD shield on it.

Employees make the dealership. You always have the right to speak to the service manager or the owner. No reason for an "employee" to treat a cash paying customer with anything but respect. I went thru basically the same thing in Hammond. My friend there is a dealer somewhere who would love to have your business.

Back