free website stats program What is best tuner? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is best tuner?

a expensive one, but one that you send in your EMC AND THEY PROGRAM IT FOR YOU AND ALL YOU DO IS INSTALL IT IS
revolution performance.

I went with a power commander 3 last year had it put on and had a custom map downloading to it using a dyno noticed a BIG differnce in how bike starts and runs love it dont regret what i had to pay to have it done either I would show you my dyno chart but im at work right now I did post it if you would wanna go through my post and find my chart if your like me I spent months reading and trying to figure out what I wanted to do becuase there are so many choices out there good luck with what ever you choose

i like the SE tuner as it also allow access to the diagnostics of the ECM so you can read codes and remove them, although the one for the rod isnt worth it IMO as there are others out there - currently it has the DTT VR tuner installed

I am kinda late on jumping in on this topic but here goes. First off, if you already have all that stuff on your bike what tuner do have now and what's wrong with it? If this stuff is not on your bike then who will be putting all this stuff on your bike, and what do they recomend? I ask this because although there are as many tuners out there as people who can install them not everyone can tune all them! What I am trying to say is don't buy a Power Commander if your mechanic only knows how to use Screaming Eagle tuners.
The best thing you can do is talk with those that ride with you and see what they have and how they perform. The question you asked of this forum in my opionion has been beat to death over and over again, just do a search of the forum and you will see what I am talking about. Everyone thinks theirs is best, but, what you need the answer to is what is best for you? While you are pondering that question also think about cost, warrenty, serviceability both at home and away from home, the type of riding you will be doing as well as the load you will be carrying.
Now with all that said I went with the Screaming Eagle Pro Tuner. Why you ask? Right price can be adjusted and readjusted for variouse stages of improvement. Also can easily be seviced by any HD shop across the country and does not void my warrenty.
Good luck with whatever you decide and be safe out there.

Have to agree with the guys about the Dobeck Gen 3 tfi. Great price and it works. Installed on my bike (08 Heritage classic) in Jan this yr. My mods, K@N filter, rush slipons, and the Gen 3 tfi.

I recently had a Power Commander go belly up. Now I am looking at other options. I looked at the Dobeck website to look for a tuner but found nothing for my 01 E Glide. Does anyone know how far back they go? Or what if any are good options to choose from. Don't want to spend a ton or I would go Thundermaxx, but I want some aspect of reliability and be cost effective.

Back