free website stats program What is a decent flat repair kit to buy? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is a decent flat repair kit to buy?

horizonchaser

Contributor
After riding with a friend of mine last year and watching him try to fix his flat I was wondering what is the best flat repair kit to buy for the money?
How big of a CO2 cannister do I need and last, threaded or non threaded.
Thanks for the input. I have a tubeless tire by the way.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the CO2 cartridges are nice, but get a pump, either foot operated or electric. I have the Progressive plug kit, it gives you all you need.
If you have spokes, you're up the creek.

After riding with a friend of mine last year and watching him try to fix his flat I was wondering what is the best flat repair kit to buy for the money?
How big of a CO2 cannister do I need and last, threaded or non threaded.
Thanks for the input. I have a tubeless tire by the way.

When I go on long road trips this is what I carry.It works well enough to get me to where I can get the tire changed .

0380003_1

I have seen the Progressive plug Kit. Looks like a quality product.
One thing that I like about the CO2 is they seem to not take up a lot of room.

Steve07, that doesn't do any harm to the inside of your tire. I mean, I heard that stuff when it is used renders the tire useless afterwards. At least that is what I heard.But maybe I am thinking of "Fix a Flat"

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter to me I won't run my bike on a plugged or patched tire any longer then I have to,I have seen too many fail.On 4 wheels fine,not 2. JMO

Aerosol Inflate & Seal works great for both 4 wheels and 2 wheels...the downside is it does have a shelf life if living in your saddlebags in hot sun may discharge pressure before you actually need it. There is also the Stop & Go plug/patch kit...more trouble to implement, but I also like using the older style rope type tire repair kit

There is a repair kit to patch a tube type tire but the tire has to come off the rim to use it so it's best to just replace the tube. Not something you would want to do roadside.

I carry a plug and go kit and a can of "fix a flat". Ought to get me somewhere they can replace the tire with a new one.

Back