free website stats program What is a Buell | Harley Davidson Forums

What is a Buell

Buell is a a sport bike. Eric Buell was a former engineer who devoleped Buell. Harley bought Buell and produced the bikes using modified Sportser engines. I have a 1999 Buell s3t Thunderbolt tucked away in my shop. Harley discontinued Buell a couple of years ago
Ken

Attachments

• buell pictures 002.jpg
    buell pictures 002.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 84
  • buell pictures 004.jpg
    buell pictures 004.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 67
Buell is a a sport bike. Eric Buell was a former engineer who devoleped Buell. Harley bought Buell and produced the bikes using modified Sportser engines. I have a 1999 Buell s3t Thunderbolt tucked away in my shop. Harley discontinued Buell a couple of years ago
Ken

nice looking bike Ken, great condition

Thanks Lorne. The bike has been stored since 2006 with the occasional ride around the block. It is hard to find a Buell that has not been butchered. The wife says that the Buell is for sale and if anyone asks I tell them that there is a price but I am not really keen on selling a piece of Harley history.
Ken

Thanks Lorne. The bike has been stored since 2006 with the occasional ride around the block. It is hard to find a Buell that has not been butchered. The wife says that the Buell is for sale and if anyone asks I tell them that there is a price but I am not really keen on selling a piece of Harley history.
Ken

sounds like we could both use Glider's book on understanding women..:panic:panic

I had a Buell Ulysses that I sold to buy my Heritage... That thing has a 1200 Thunderstorm motor... Sportster motor breathed upon, heavily. Shook like a Lab retrieving a duck, but talk about torque and power (120hp +/-) . Best handling bike I have ever been on, Eric Buell changed the way motorcycles are engineered. Gas tank in the frame, the faux tank up top was a breather housing, all sorts of innovation from ignition, to suspension and exhaust. It rode like a Heritage but handled like a sport bike... Straight up in 3rd gear and coming on hard... Eat up some rice in a heart beat.

Gawd... what a bike

I have a 1998 Buel S3T and that bike still gets a "hey man, nice bike" shout out at stop lights.

They are one of the coolest motorcycle lines on the planet imho and that is the reason why one was featured in the "Art of the motorcycle" Guggenheim exhibit..

I may sell my FLSTC, but I will never sell my Buell..

I would post a pic of it, but am out of town right now..Dr Doolittle would understand...

Back