free website stats program What I'm I doing wrong? | Harley Davidson Forums

What I'm I doing wrong?

FATBOY-BILL

Today I was doing oil changes on my 07 Fatboy. I removed the drain plug for the transmission and just a littlebit of oil came out. Was I that low?? So I put some oil in to see it come out the drain plug. Nothing came out. (EDIT) I'm I missing??

Thanks Bill

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill foul language , or abbreviations for foul language are not allowed on this forum. I'm sure someone will be along soon to help out with your question.

I didn't think (---) would be that big of a deal . But It seems to be that way. It was not intended to get people bent out of shape.

I didn't think (---) would be that big of a deal . But It seems to be that way. It was not intended to get people bent out of shape.

Bill I don't think anyone here is bent out of shape, it's just one of the rules you agreed to when you signed up. As for putting more oil in did you notice where the oil level was on your dipstick before you added? Smitty Is pretty knowledgeable and probably has your answer. If you haven't got one already you really need a manual, the money spent on one will be well worth it. Smitty can you give him any help putting the plug back in?

It is a big deal. That is why you were fore warned. As HDDon Stated the rules are the rules and you agreed upon joining. Soooo now you know.:yeahright
Might want to purchase a service manual.....

I might be mixed up but,I think the tranx plug is between the shocks you probably pulled a case plug,you must be very careful reinstalling that plug it has pipe threads it could crack the case if overtightned.Use red loctite when you reinstall it . Im sure someone with a softail will come along and set you straight. Dont fell bad about the language thing I was admonished for using the acronym for an air force bomber...????

The trans. drain plug is directly between the shocks at the front of the shock tubes. It is a 5/8" plug and easy to remove using about a 6" extension to clear the shocks and a ratchet. Be very careful putting it back in as the trans. case is aluminum and it is very easy to get that plug started wrong and cross-threading it.

If you removed the pipe plug using a 1/4" allen wrench/socket that is located at about the rear of the right side drivers footboard in the bottom of the case you should follow the advice of the others to not overtighten it, if the plug is still out of the case I would also reinstall using the red locktite.

Back