What I'm Bringing in the New Year With.

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Bodeen, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Hope these pics come out. First time trying.......
    Happy New Year!

Attached Files:

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

MMMmmm, I can smell the sweet BBQ aroma. I'd be doing the same if I could dig my grill out of the snow & stand in single-digit temps for an hour to cook.:newsmile062:

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

What time do we eat just got home from work and im starved, LOL

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

You guys in Florida are merciless, but then New Years day college football on and BBQ going...really cannot see a downside!

5. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

If I tried that now in Ohio, the meat would be frozen before it ever go cooked. :D

6. Bodeen

whose was the rather blacked lump on the end !!!!!!! ive heard of well done but that looked like it had been in the crater of a volcano, the rear looked spot on for BBQ food

That my friend is a beef brisket, and it was so horrible that the only thing left over was the baby back ribs!
    Next time in the States find some and try it. The boy's in Texas don't know any other BBQ! Heck, I'll cook............

Bodeen

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Beef brisket too dry tough and stringy to BBQ, probably should have tried prime rib roast or "new age" tri tip...that has a bit more fat and not end up tough and dry...

The other thing is your setup is probably "new" and you have not figured out keeping one side a bit cooler to rotate item that cook fast verses others that are slow...but you'll get the hang of it after a few eh...warmup occasions...BBQ and Harleys...YAY :rofl

8. Bodeen

Beef brisket too dry tough and stringy to BBQ, probably should have tried prime rib roast or "new age" tri tip...that has a bit more fat and not end up tough and dry...

The other thing is your setup is probably "new" and you have not figured out keeping one side a bit cooler to rotate item that cook fast verses others that are slow...but you'll get the hang of it after a few eh...warmup occasions...BBQ and Harleys...YAY

Thanks for the suggestions but, brisket is just the meat for BBQ and corned beef of course. Anything but tough or dry. I'm sure there is regional differences as far as to what is BBQ'd. There are a lot and I mean a lot of briskets being BBQ'd on this side of the country. Rib roasts are for gas grilling and rich folks IMHO.
    Wish I had a new setup, been cooking on this setup for 10 years and various others for many more.

Bodeen

9. LarryC08

LarryC08 Active Member

Bodeen does it get any better!! I think not.:D

10. Bodeen

Amen!