free website stats program What I'm Bringing in the New Year With. | Harley Davidson Forums

What I'm Bringing in the New Year With.

Bodeen

Staff member
Contributor
Hope these pics come out. First time trying.......
Happy New Year!

Attachments

• DSCN0110.jpg
    DSCN0110.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN0112.jpg
    DSCN0112.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 48
MMMmmm, I can smell the sweet BBQ aroma. I'd be doing the same if I could dig my grill out of the snow & stand in single-digit temps for an hour to cook.:newsmile062:

What time do we eat just got home from work and im starved, LOL

You guys in Florida are merciless, but then New Years day college football on and BBQ going...really cannot see a downside!

whose was the rather blacked lump on the end !!!!!!! ive heard of well done but that looked like it had been in the crater of a volcano, the rear looked spot on for BBQ food

That my friend is a beef brisket, and it was so horrible that the only thing left over was the baby back ribs!
Next time in the States find some and try it. The boy's in Texas don't know any other BBQ! Heck, I'll cook............

Bodeen

Beef brisket too dry tough and stringy to BBQ, probably should have tried prime rib roast or "new age" tri tip...that has a bit more fat and not end up tough and dry...

The other thing is your setup is probably "new" and you have not figured out keeping one side a bit cooler to rotate item that cook fast verses others that are slow...but you'll get the hang of it after a few eh...warmup occasions...BBQ and Harleys...YAY :rofl

Beef brisket too dry tough and stringy to BBQ, probably should have tried prime rib roast or "new age" tri tip...that has a bit more fat and not end up tough and dry...

The other thing is your setup is probably "new" and you have not figured out keeping one side a bit cooler to rotate item that cook fast verses others that are slow...but you'll get the hang of it after a few eh...warmup occasions...BBQ and Harleys...YAY

Thanks for the suggestions but, brisket is just the meat for BBQ and corned beef of course. Anything but tough or dry. I'm sure there is regional differences as far as to what is BBQ'd. There are a lot and I mean a lot of briskets being BBQ'd on this side of the country. Rib roasts are for gas grilling and rich folks IMHO.
Wish I had a new setup, been cooking on this setup for 10 years and various others for many more.

Bodeen

Back