free website stats program What have you Learned | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What have you Learned

That there are a lot of jokesters on this site. Really get a chuckle reading posts.
That it would be interesting to meet other members out and about.
That there is a varied crowd here from all backgrounds and walks of life...a good thing.
That there is more HD knowledge here than at the "HD university".
That one self-repair or service can and does save a person hundreds of dollars.
That I, too, waited too long to hit the "DONATE" button. Several bucks spent here saves at least ten fold in labor costs!
That I have an excuse for the Mrs. that I am not the only one dropping $HD's on chrome or other upgrades.
This site has me doing things to my ride that I would not have ever done had I not found it being as mechanically inept as I am. It is getting better, though, and I am grateful to all.

Dave

I've learned that I can do my own maintenance without worry of losing my warranty. That when I do it with this site it will be done right. I've saved hundreds already and it's only been a year and a half since I bought the harley. I can separate fact from fiction when I hear things harley related with a little searching on here. I thank you moderators for running this forum in stellar fashion which could be used to teach a college class on forum/group management and organization. Thanks to all you gracious contributors of accurate knowledge and answers to every question and concern I've ever imagined and some I haven't. What a priviledge to belong! :majesty:cheers

Its nice to use what you learn when talking to other bike guys. I dot know everything about everything, but just enough about alot of things. lately ive really been digging harley history and the innards of the classics. yall know your bikes.

It's great to see so many replying here that say that the posts here helped them to save money instead of relying on the dealers. That, believe it or not is my objective in posting the information in the self help area to help you all out in working on your bikes and secondary to show the dealers that they really don't have us over a barrel at all like they like to think.:s

Hat's off to the moderating team here on the forum for doing a fine job!

I've learned that there can be a web site where you are not afraid to ask a question.
I've learned to read a post several times before you respond.
I've learned you can never give to much information when asking a question.
I've learned about other models of harley that I don't own.
I've learned that no matter what the moderators and members of this forum are always trying to help.
I've learned that no matter how fast you are, you can't beat Glider!!!!!

I have learned that if I don't behave myself I WILL get thrown in the brig...with undue delay! However the folk on this site are fair, forgiving, and in many respects compassionate. So that is one thing that I've learned.

Now I am not a gambler or card player even, but in that context to me this site is like and "ace in the hole". Folk on here have done everything from the top down Harley Davidson wise and are willing to help, aid, and assist. That is just plain noble. So that is another thing I have learned.

Now somewhere back there I remember a lot of conversing about using "pledge". I never read that thread...but perhaps I need to do that.:D

Happy Motoring :s

What have I learned on this site? What's the limit on the site for text? :D

First, I am never alone when I have a problem with my scoot. When I start to freak out, I think to myself, "self, go to HD Talking and find the simple solution".
Second, Thank God for the self help section and the incredible knowledge that Glider and Hobbit possess. :cheers
Third, I can do it myself. Thanks for telling me to invest in a shop manual and backing me up with my dumb questions.
Fourth, There is no other type of brotherhood than those of us who ride Harleys. Check other bike sites and see if I'm wrong. :drunk
Fifth, Never take what the stealer tells you as the final word. :bigsmiley18:

Thanks to everyone who has ever helped me or one of my brothers here on this site. You guys are the best!

That I didn't know squat about Harley's when I got my first, still don't know alot since I'm on my second...but learning all the time.

The mods do a great job of keeping all this together. My hat is off to them.

I have met some great folks both on and offline, can never have too many buds.

I spend a lot of time browsing the forum, where did the time go! I B LATE..again!

Back