free website stats program what happened | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

what happened

as typical someone posts against the rules and then gets bent out of shape when they are told to follow the rules.. and want to take their marbles and go home .. seen this a lot .. yawn ..

My Grandfather now gone..

Said there are 2 things ya don't talk about somethimes even with Family Religion and Politics and esp Politics more than religion will end up with ya fighting and possibly not talking to your family for a long time..

Also freedom of speech doesn't apply to a private owned forum .. Kind of like you coming into my house and talking about what i don''t want to its my right to ask you not to .. This is Speed/ Gliders house Their Rules

Free speech is important but to a greater degree so is respect. That being said I think the original poster of this thread was acting with good intent but the rules are there for good reason.

it says here when in rome do as the romans do

One has the right to say whatever they want in this great country of ours, but no one is obligated to furnish the soap box from which you say it.

Lets talk bikes:USA

as typical someone posts against the rules and then gets bent out of shape when they are told to follow the rules.. and want to take their marbles and go home .. seen this a lot .. yawn ..

My Grandfather now gone..

Said there are 2 things ya don't talk about somethimes even with Family Religion and Politics and esp Politics more than religion will end up with ya fighting and possibly not talking to your family for a long time..

Also freedom of speech doesn't apply to a private owned forum .. Kind of like you coming into my house and talking about what i don''t want to its my right to ask you not to .. This is Speed/ Gliders house Their Rules

Thanks guys, it's a shame that more can't see the same things as you see here and all this had to happen.

Honestly, I don't like having to take the measures I did in this thread but I think in the future to reinforce the position of the rules on the forum, it's going to happen more often and possibly for a longer period , quite possibly without a vacation too until some realize what it's all about.

Thanks again.

This country IS ALL about free speech! ! ! ! ! !

Is it? Then say you're going to kill the president, see how far that gets you. :D

Seem's like this thread went the route of politics as well. I am sure there are political forums out there...just a thought.

ride safe!

If you come to this forum follow the rules, you don't want to follow the established rules here, go somewhere else. It's that simple. There are other forums. I personally like being able to log on here and not have to wade through someone else's politcal opinions. We all know about opinions, Right? Why don't we let this one die. Lets talk and learn about our Harley's, the reason this forum exist's!

I've been on forums where there is nothing but flame wars going on and people fighting and arguing. Makes trying to get ANY information impossible. I like it here, the mods do a bang up job of trying to keep it civil.

This country IS ALL about free speech! ! ! ! ! !

Dan, before you get too carried away, free speech is Ok ELSEWHERE, here you follow the rules. DO NOT reply to this post!

Is it? Then say you're going to kill the president, see how far that gets you. :D

Seem's like this thread went the route of politics as well. I am sure there are political forums out there...just a thought.

ride safe!

Very true here brderj , there's going to be a few more changes around here with these types of posts too, you can count on it too.

Don't leave. I think it was removed because a while ago we had a political section and it got totally out of hand and the mods decided that there would be nothing more on politics on the forum.

A good friend once told me,"When you go out with people you don't know (especially other countries!!) there are 2 topics you should never engage, politics and religion."

They are both very personal topics to many people....and many people start wars because of those topics. Unfortunately, it's very easy to get sucked into those topics!!

I joined this forum because of the peaceful & helpful forum that it is.I've been on other forums that get into the political rubbish & flaming on any post at any given time.What do motorcycles have to do with politics???Other than the fact I rode mine to go vote.:s

Back