free website stats program what grade of gas? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

what grade of gas?

Good morning Gand

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but my next door nieghbor used to be an executive for Shell Oil and has told me counltess times that most Gas stations use independent suppliers so as far as name brands who kbnows what brand we are pumping into our tanks However the Shell 91 octane is what I use .

Be Safe
BuffaloBILL

In my bikes I run the best I can get whereever I'm at.

In the cars I just use regular ol' unleaded.

Good morning Gand

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but my next door nieghbor used to be an executive for Shell Oil and has told me counltess times that most Gas stations use independent suppliers so as far as name brands who kbnows what brand we are pumping into our tanks However the Shell 91 octane is what I use .

Be Safe
BuffaloBILL
The only thing about buying from a BIG NAME is their additive package .... I like techron and use mostly standard/chevron fuel and/or major names shell/union76/mobil/texaco

The driver/owner I talked with said it's ALL the same gas until I PUT IN THE ADDITIVE PACKAGE..... Then PRESTO, it will become chevron or another additive for shell or ??? YOU got the idea...

STATEMENT: the higher the test BNA octane, the LESS POWER (BTU'S) the gas has... premium gas has LESS btu's than 85 octane regular gas..

the high octane makes fuel burn slower under pressure and the more pressure (HEAT) the MORE octane is needed to keep fuel from exploding or early (pre-ignition)....

signed....BUBBIE

reason i am asking is, i can get free mid grade at work, think i am going to try a tank of mid, then a tank of premium, see which one runs better

Killertiki, personally I would try it...keep some 102+Octane boost just in case you experience pinging under load (higher than normal gear and heavy load/acceleration).

Back