free website stats program what exhaust should i get | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

what exhaust should i get

I tried a set of Cycle Shack staggered duals on my FLHTC recently. They sounded good at idle but way too loud for me with any throttle. I just installed a Patriot Defender 2 into 1 on my 1985 FLHTC. I bought it new from the manufacter on Ebay for $395 + $20 shipping. Its supposed to fit 1999 - 2010 but it fit my bike like a glove. It has a cable operated baffel to adjust the sound. I does seem to produce some extra HP too. It seems to be made well and IMO sounds good. I think sound clips are a little misleading as you need to hear real time. I think it sounds much better than the clips. To avoid scratches and hand prints I wrapped it in clear food wrap for the install which worked real well. Just make sure you remove it before starting it up. Hope it helps - Bob

I love my Cobra Speedster shorts.
Likely not the loudest pipes you'll hear. But they are very high quality and loud enough that I ordered the quiet baffles for mine. They actually produce stronger and smoother torque with the quiet baffles in. But I've heard if you want optimum torque you can't beat a 2 into 1.

And they're 100% made in the USA!

SB-AlleyRear.jpg

SB-AlleySideWS.jpg

hi looking at putting a different pipes on my 2003 dyna superglide wondering whats a good one would like a louder one. so if other drivers dont see me they will at least hear me have had people pull out in front of me alot any replys will be appreciated thanks

You can ask 100 different people this question and get 100 different answerers.
Buy the pipes you like, that you think look good and sound good.

i say put on any pipes will do and ruin all the peace surround you.
the thunders sound good, give the bike all the rumbles. i've got SEII, sound very harley but some times i get bored when idle, really loud @ high rpm but calm when cruising.

used to have samsons on nightrain, sound good and loud. but not as annoying as SEII.

using the horn once in a while though...

just wondering...could harleys sound like japanese sportsbikes?

My son in law put the V H black short shots on his fxdb with the quiet baffles and it sounds great, loud enough but not obnoxious. Great looking too.

I just purchased the Screamin' Eagle II pipes from a local dealer, and if you want something that is slightly louder than stock, go for them. I don't like them at all, and contacted Customer Service at HD and they said there was nothing they could do, but to contact the dealer, and see if they would take them back, and work out a deal on the Rush pipes. I'm in the process of doing just that, but not looking for a decent outcome, so I'm stuck. If you want a set of SE II's I have a set, with only a few miles on them!...:newsmile030:

I see you have an 03, if these are the original SE slipons, they are an awesome muffler. I had them on an 03 and loved them but they aren't available any more.

Back