free website stats program What Does It Take | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Does It Take

Time and commitment is what it takes. We don't overlook things like on other forums and if a member steps out of line, they are dealt with.:D

No need to be, only you two trouble makers :lolrolling

Since Geezer and I were the only to postings I would guess I just got thrown under the bus. Oh well at least I'm in good company. I am aware of the moderators efforts to police the forum (don't ask me), but my question was what is it that makes our group so special. Maybe it has been answered by the way they all seem to share the same respect for the forum.

I think Don's right when he said the members have respect for the forum here. Seems most people check out several forums, come here and stay because they know they've found a good thing. There isn't a forum I've found with the huge self-help section like HDT.

Since Geezer and I were the only to postings I would guess I just got thrown under the bus. Oh well at least I'm in good company. I am aware of the moderators efforts to police the forum (don't ask me), but my question was what is it that makes our group so special. Maybe it has been answered by the way they all seem to share the same respect for the forum.

You may be on to something there Don.:D

NOW this is ME.... IF you don't like me or don't want My view STOP HERE as there are a LOT of CAPS intended and YOU should Read No Further.......

I was INVITED by Speed to become a Moderator about a year ago... I Him-Hawed for a Day or Two and Nervously said Yes to Speeds invitation...

It was Late in the evening , about 11 PMish and I Turned "GREEN"..

I took a self TOUR into the OTHER-SIDE and WOW.... I became over whelmed.... What did I do....????

I Looked (snooped) and Investigated "things inside"..... I had NO IDEA, before, of HOW MUCH WORK GOES ON THAT SIDE of the WORLD of HDT......

I had JUST made a commitment I knew I COULDN'T keep....

I do to this day FEEL "Honored and Privileged" to Have been Asked....

KNOWING Others would do the Job Better, And Would Give MORE than I would OR could... ,,, Resigned that next day and went back to this side...PHeeeeeew

Reason for leaving;

I saw the NEED to spend a lot of time on the forum.... THAT wasn't the problem... I'm here way too much, as it is, for my own good....

SIMPLY,,, I Felt I could NOT do the job Properly ENOUGH to Help and Hold UP my end of the bargain to the other Moderators..

One time here and one time there is Not what was Needed... They Needed FULL TIME COMMITMENT (my thinking).. and I didn't fill that bill.

I wanted some SELFish TIME...

My Hat is Off to the Moderators and I feel they do a Great Job...

That IS my STORY....:D

signed a Grateful BUBBIE

Bubbie, I really had the fear that I couldn't keep up my end of the bargain here wearing green, but the color matches my eyes so well, I work really hard to maintain my end of the bargain.

It is time consuming, and when you miss a day or so and log on to see 496 new posts you think 'aaaaaahhhhhhh' what happened? Then I try really hard to catch up again.

I have a long way to go and a lot more to learn to catch up with some of the other mods on the learning curve, but I keep trying. :)

Time, patience, talent & knowledge - mods are the key to successful forum & this one's got my Oscar. I know if I have a question - it'll get assessed & addressed properly...without all the moans & groans of newbieitis. Also, search function is your friend!

Hats off to our wonderful mods who keep this site at the top! :small3d018: :small3d018: :small3d018:

You're doing just fine Joy.
Thanks Geezer. I had to hide from one of the bosses for a bit. :) They have had Big Brother watching the computers lately. :) That may be one of the reasons you see me pop on and pop off pretty quick lately. :s

Back