free website stats program What Does It Take | Harley Davidson Forums

What Does It Take

HDDon

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I have been on the forum for a while now and I continue to be amazed at the amount of information that is available. Just a click on the self help section can keep me reading for hours. Here is my question for the members and moderators. What does it take to be a moderator on this great forum? We have such a great teem of moderators and members and I would like your thoughts on what you think sets our moderators apart from thoes on other forums.

Is everybody scared to post here? I think the moderators here are very cool and level headed and only take action when it's needed. But when it's needed they do what's best for the forum.

What does it take to be a moderator on this great forum? We have such a great teem of moderators and members and I would like your thoughts on what you think sets our moderators apart from those on other forums.

Time and commitment is what it takes. We don't overlook things like on other forums and if a member steps out of line, they are dealt with.:D

Is everybody scared to post here?

No need to be, only you two trouble makers :lolrolling

It's a high level of commitment! Thanks to all who make this the best forum that few if any measure up to.
Harley

Lots of time and tough skin. :D

Just kidding, most of the time my dealings with the members has been pretty good. There were a couple that thought they could get away with some things, but key word there is were. :s

From the moderator stand point, I think the 'Well Defined Rules' helps because we all know what is allowed and there is no question. :s

We have a great mod team and even better, GREAT MEMBERS. When you folks report a post that one of us might miss, that helps too. We cover pretty good, but occasionally, something might get by for a minute. :s

Now, back to the real job for me. :D

For some who wish to test the water, they must not realize that the Mods are the enforcers and will always have the last word. So thanks for all your time and dedication. I am amazed that the Mods still find time to ride, for they are on at all times of the day everday....

What amazes me is that the moderators have to step in as often as they do. I mean, the rules are there, easy to understand and you are told there is zero tolerance for certain things, foul language being the worst from what I gather. If any of the rules were unfair then debate them, but even then the site owner has the final say. Or, start your own website and see whether you can attract the audience of HDT. If you can, great, if you can't maybe you see why this is "the great community" (sorry Tank, couldn't resist). Rock on.
Ishmael

Or, start your own website and see whether you can attract the audience of HDT. If you can, great, if you can't maybe you see why this is "the great community" (sorry Tank, couldn't resist). Rock on.
Ishmael

Often imitated but never duplicated :bigsmiley23:

Back