free website stats program What do you think?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What do you think??

I live in the interior of BC. When I ordered my bike late in 2007 for delivery in spring of 08, I was watching the price differential pretty close as the currency was bouncing all over. I eventually deduced that Deeley pretty well takes a 10% markup on all the bikes sold in Canada. Since they change the Canadian prices at most every 3 months, they are likely locking in the exchange on most of what they will buy for the next 90 days or so they can protect their margins. The price differential is currently 28% which would equate to their 10% plus the exchange rates of last July (about .86) which makes sense. Following this line of argument, we should be seeing a price reduction in the next month or two. We'll see.

I agree with many of the other Canadian posters, I do and will continue buying in the States whenever I can. Certainly most of my parts and accessories come from Zanottis and I have them delivered just south of the border and then bring them across myself. I suspect my future bikes will be low mileage used bikes off of eBay when the exchange rate is favorable.

Is it Harley are is it...Import export taxes to Harley from outside the US....Folks price a American Made car oversea...and guess what????..Its not the US makes a bad product..its coz there in "NO Fair Trade " agreement...trust me if we taxed the imports ..what they tax our products across the pond ...they would never sell another foreign car to the middle and lower class coz we would not be able to afford it....A chev Malibu in Japan would be a normal car here but at a luxury price overseas.....I do wish our Canadian, Australian, German, Great Britain and all others could buy at our price...a "Far Trade Price"

I agree, if the tarriffs in the U.S. reflected the same tarriffs that importing countries place on U.S goods, how long would it take thoes countries to lower their tarriffs? A fair trade balance is a joke in this country, and our elected officials seem to want it that way or they would change it. IMO we need to be on a level playing field. Give American business and labor a chance to compete.

Back