free website stats program what do you think of a rocker? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

what do you think of a rocker?

I have seen two of them running around town here in Idaho, and another on the floor at the dealership.
One has an aftermarket corbin two up seat, and i have to admit, it looks good

It's hard to decide..... but after all these years Mick is still doing it at his age....
:smell

I've sat on one at the dealership and didn't like it at all. Think I will stay with my roadking. Good buddy of mine left for Iraq and he ordered one that should be here when he gets back. i tried to talk him out of it on the condition that I don't think he has tried any other bikes. But young and single I guess he just has the money to burn.

I dont really like it, I have'nt ridden it yet but from some of the guys I've talked to they say its real stiff, especially if you a smaller person. It's different I will say that but I dont know yet.

They're out and about on the roads here in Brisbane.I've always maintained that the Rocker is not a bad looking bike,but they certainly seem to cop flack from dyed-in-the-wool Harley riders.

Maybe Harley doesn't care.Maybe Harley is trying to attract a new breed of riders to the breed.Maybe these riders don't care either;they've got their dream bike.
Either way,people need to get over it.It's a fact of life that nothing remains the same for ever,and even H-D has need to make changes to its range of bikes.
Roll over boys, and accept it.

I like the Rocker. The only thing I think would have made it look a little better is if they put the license plate holder down on the side instead of on the back finder and do something different with the brake light.

I like the rocker sort of, & I like the vrod a lot. I figure the rocker will grow on me too. I like them I think because you know they are a harley, but a different kind of harley. You don't have to say what is it? I am getting better at knowing the different bikes though. Haven't ridden either, but they look alright to me. I still don't like the seat so much on the rocker, it looks like they made an awesome looking 'new look' style of bike & some one asked at the last minute 'what about a seat' so they threw one on there. My opinion of course.

I had to pop into my dealer (HD dealer) and there was a demo Rocker handy.
I liked the look of the Rocker since I first saw one at The Bike Show, It has some cool details: The ribbed oil tank, the chrome plumbing from the oil tank, the rear wheel and mudguard, the tank, The handlebars amongst several.
I was surprised by the ride, it felt lighter than I thought it would compared with my Sporty, I only went round the block so I cannot tell what it's like at Mway speed.
I wouldn't like to be a passenger for a long journey even though I think that the retractable pillion seat is a clever bit of design.
I feel it's a different, more contempory approach to design by HD though not as much of a departure from the tradition as the V-Rod.
Just one look at the engine screams Harley Davidson.
I will keep the Sporty I love but I'm starting to budget for one NOW!

After reading what some wrote I don't think they have ridin a Rocker.I purchased one in 08 and still have today.Put on over 70.000 miles so far.
I have redone the engine (heads,cam,clutch,oil pump) and is arround
103" now.(No problem with new 110's,,lol)
I have made cosmtic changes such as seat,stock seat does suck,just like all
harley seats and put on a corbins 2-up.We have put on over 400 miles a day on a trip thru Smokey Mtns. ie: the tail,with no trouble.Also changed bars,front signal lite location,bigger front tire (use perrelli "night dragons front an rear),headlite,front brake caliper an rotor (PM 6 piston caliper,flex rotor)
I do think that everyone has different ideas what is nice or not an thats why
there are different models.

Wow! This thread has been dead since 2008 and comes back to life!! I have never ridden a Rocker but always thought they were very cool looking! Kinda like Harleys answer to the OCC and Jesse James customs. I say Rock on! To me, the un-popularity of the model is huge points in its favor! I have yet to see one on the road so they must be fairly rare here in south Fl. The Rocker will go into the history books as one of the "exotic" Harleys that never caught on enough to survive. Like I say, BIG POINTS in its favor!!

Back