free website stats program What do you think about this deal on a '09 Heritage? | Harley Davidson Forums

What do you think about this deal on a '09 Heritage?

I'm a new member and I'm looking for my first Harley.

I found a 2009 black Heritage Softail Classic with Vance & Hines Big Shots, a Stag 1 race tuner, windshield bag and luggage rack. The dealer is a BMW, Triumph and Ducatti shop. The salesman is one of the best guys I've ever dealt with, he really checks in with you and seems to be sincere. He tells me that the guy that traded it in is one of their regular customers, that goes back and forth between a Harley and a BMW. Because of their customer base it's not unusal for someone to buy two or three bikes within a year. This bike has a little over 1,800 miles and was just put into service in August of 2009, so it has about 18 months of factory warranty left. The salesman told me they're not trying to make a big profit off this trade, so since he saw I was serious about buying I got the price down to $14,500, with an OTD price of $15,776.

From the research I've done this seems to be a very good price, especially since it has the pipes that I want. What are you thoughts on the price and things to watch out for?

If you think it's a good price then that's what it is. Sounds good to me, now we want some pictures.

Welcome to the forum wwalkerbigwil, sounds like a deal to me and a nice bike to boot with the extra's you would want. With that low of miles not much to watch out for, you still have plenty of warranty left. How about posting a pic of it when you get it.

Sounds like a good deal on a nice bike.I am curious about the OTD $1276.00 mark up.Sales tax? I personaly would be bringing the bike directly to my HD dealer for a 1k service,for piece of mind and to have it looked over.That said I wouldnt be paying BMW for servicing, nor would I want a BMW wrench experimenting on my bike.

I bought mine new last June at an OTD price of about 17,700. with no extras included.With the extras already included that's a good price and with the low mileage and remaining warranty you're just about buying a brand new bike.If it's the one you want...buy buy buy!

If you've had your heart set on a Heritage with after market pipes then buy it. That's a nice price on a 2009 with warranty remaining. Plus it sounds like you have a decent relationship with the dealer.

As Smitty pointed out however, don't buy it just because you think it's a great deal. There are lots of good deals out there in today's market.

Be patient, choose the exact bike you want, and go find it!

Sounds like a good deal to me. In my opinion the Heritage is about the best all around bike Harley makes. If you want to be cool cruising around town, or racking up the miles it's a good choice. I had one for 10 years and loved it. I only traded because when I retired I had more time to take longer and longer trips and was less interested in modifying my bike. So I bought a Road Glide.

Which brings me to my only warning! With the Softail it's easy to effectively double the price of the bike in a short time. :newsmile093:

The old saying about Harleys that the purchase price is only a down payment is especially true wit the Softail. Stay away from the various catalogs from Harley and aftermarket suppliers and you will be OK.

Having said that it's time for me to place an order for some more goodies for the Glide. :newsmile036:

It is the bike I want. At first I couldn't decide between the Road King and the Heritage. My wife likes to ride with me sometimes, so I thought the RK would be better. Last month when I test rode both, the Heritage easily won out. I like the way that you sit in the bike instead of sitting on top as with the RK.

Back