free website stats program What do you think about the new 103 motor? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What do you think about the new 103 motor?

I've had mine for just over a month now and logged in almost 3000 miles on it. I love the smooth power from 0-70 and the torque you have in 6th gear compared to my 04 Road Glide, with 95" and an SE 6 speed. The first few rides, I was very disappointed in the bumpy ride, but put the rear PSI at about 50 psi. That improved the ride alot. I took my 04 Road Glide out for a bit today, with the wife on the back. It felt so sloppy compared to the Limited. Bike is mostly still stock. Only added the SE air cleaner and H-D's stage 1 download. Still need to select exhaust and possibly go with a Power Comander.

I've had mine for just over a month now and logged in almost 3000 miles on it. I love the smooth power from 0-70 and the torque you have in 6th gear compared to my 04 Road Glide, with 95" and an SE 6 speed.

Only added the SE air cleaner and H-D's stage 1 download. Still need to select exhaust and possibly go with a Power Comander.

There is NO possibly about it.... Needing MORE fuel for those modifications is a must!
You might READ all about the TFI Fueler here on this site.... Many use it and love it.

just a suggested thought!

signed....BUBBIE

Here in Southern Cal you can choose to purchase any touring model with the 96" motor and El Cajon Harley will install the 103" upgrade for free.

Been looking really hard at the new Ultra Classic Limited. Merlo and Sun Glo red of course.

Was wondering if the 103 motor will soon become the next standard motor and when? One of the features that really stands out for me on the Limited is the chrome and black aluminum spoked wheels (like on the 09).

The Limited comes with all the goodies, ABS, security, oil cooler, etc.

I heard the 110 motor is having some problems.

Any comments?
I just purchased the White & Black Ice Pearl an I'm impressed with the combination of engine, frame, and performance as compared to my 08 Ultra with the Stage II Big Bore Kit. I love the torque and pull all the way to the top of the rpm limits, the ride is excellent and with the SE Ventilator Air Kit and 4" pipes, it tears through the gears.

Fred

It ended up being the intake flange and rubber seal.

some gorilla at the factory really cranked it down, the flange was cracked on both ends and the seal was torn.

GREAT PRODUCTION CONTROL

massachusettsflagger.com/images/flanges/

Can you do a TFI or Power Comander with just slipon exhaust, or is this just a waste without removing thoses cats?

Have 08, Ultra Classic, 96 C.I., Leaned-out engine/noticed-the-heat, right-away. Had dealer, load a richer Fuel/air ratio, K&N air filter, Sampson Power-Flow-Caliber II, 2 into 1 exhaust. It's better, but, that heavy-bike, really needs, more torque/HP. If you don't run the rpm's up 2000/2500, the clutch and engine just don't like it. Once the dead-stop friction is broke, it will pull pretty good up to max rpm. The Jap bikes with water cooling is running away with bigger CC's/CI's. Afraid the air-cooled engine with EPA spec's is loosing the battle. Harley will be forced to do something soon. Paying 23K-38K for a air cooled engine Harley is not making a performance common sense buy any more. I still like H.D., just can see into the furture, the classic vtwin will be able to deliver.

I did the Fuelmoto Jackpot touring mufflers, catless headpipe, and the PCV along witht he SE highflow kit. What a huge difference!! I love the sound, bold but not loud. feels, by the seat of the pans to be a huge difference. there is a streach of highway I travel almost daily where you do a long on ramp then 1.5 mile streach of up hill highway. the pipes etc have made a 15-17 mph difference in top speed! i call that significant

Back