free website stats program What do you take on a road trip ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What do you take on a road trip ?

Charger for cell phone
Extra key to bike
Basic tool kit to include few wire ties and extra bunge cords or two and spare fuses for your bike. Small roll of black tape.
Rain grear can also be used to stay warm if weather changes
1 quart of engine oil
Small can Pledge and couple micro fiber rags to clean wind shield off you don't want to use gas station stuff.
Credit card all car rental and most motels will not take cash without a card .
note keep cash and cards in different place best to lose one of the other not both.

If you do not wear a helmet and plan to cross state line make sure state you going to dose not require one. Sister pulled tha one few years ago.
Enjoy the ride

My list is similar. I also carry a spare key in my wallet, a flashlight, sunglasses, owner's manual, cable with lock, prescriptions, sunscreen, earplugs, tire gauge, and multi-tool. I keep a list of everything in my wallet so I don't forget anything when I go on a long trip.

Lotsa good ideas here,I would like to add a flashlight that you wear on your head a good one at that and several soft ties and maybe 2 small ratchet straps.If you break down you can get a ride and keep yur bike from getting roughed up.

hope this helps,

One thing I think you guys have missed is a map or GPS. I know some of the best trips have no definite destination but if you need to get somewhere in a hurry, it's nice to know the shortest/fastest way. I call my Garmin, my wife in the box because she always tells me where to go and where to turn and if I miss she yells at me to go back.

Ride safe and enjoy

Bubba

All the above and:
Small hiking stove, small metal pot, fuel canister. I need to have my morning coffee.

Warm clothes. I froze in August on the way to Sturgis last year--who would have guessed.

Sleeping bag and thermal rest.

Clear and dark sunglasses, hat for when your off your scooter.

My wife.... then i don't have to think of anything else because with her stuff we not gonna have room anyway!:D

++273!

Seriously, this may not be so important with the bigger gas tanks, but with my old FXRS I always carried a piece of plastic tubing and an old soda can in case I ran out of gas and needed to siphon from a kindly soul who stopped for me. Used it more than once in crossing Montana some years back.

Charger for cell phone
Extra key to bike
Basic tool kit to include few wire ties and extra bunge cords or two and spare fuses for your bike. Small roll of black tape.
Rain grear can also be used to stay warm if weather changes
1 quart of engine oil
Small can Pledge and couple micro fiber rags to clean wind shield off you don't want to use gas station stuff.
Credit card all car rental and most motels will not take cash without a card .
note keep cash and cards in different place best to lose one of the other not both.

If you do not wear a helmet and plan to cross state line make sure state you going to dose not require one. Sister pulled tha one few years ago.
Enjoy the ride

Water,cell phone,a good map,small flashlight,rain gear.

Extra pair of glasses if you wear them... and a pair of shoes or flip flops to wear in the evening while your riding boots are drying out after the rain storm if you should run into one. We usually do during the summer months.

To all of the above, I add phone charger and or an extra battery for the phone. a camara, some of those mini rolls of toilet paper for emergency "pit stops"(wife always has to go at the worst times), my Novus #1 and some terry cloths, and of course my SD100 spray detail. a couple large garbage bags to keep stuff dry if needed. and my H.O.G. Card.

In addition to the rain gear, ear plugs, and tools, I take a good first aid kit and CPR mask (not necessarily for me), and if I'm going to be in remote areas I take a tire repair kit and electric pump.

The aforementioned just about covers it for sure. I may add that I take my iPhone for it has just about everything from gps, hotel reservation #'s, gas station info, email, banking and so on an so forth. I also make sure your insurance is up to snuff for that warm and fuzzy feeling .... I'm insured by Smith and Wesson if you get my drift :s
Ugly John

+ 1 for the iPhone.... used it last week in Pinehurst when we were ready to find a room for the night and again when ready to chow down!

Back