free website stats program What do you store your quick released widshield in? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What do you store your quick released widshield in?

It stays on my bike... I take it off when I am doing a deluxe cleaning job and since I started riding with the windshield I prefer to leave it on...

When I take my windshield off it is usually for a few hours so really no need to "store it". However if I was going to really store it I would buy one of the nice cotton dirty laundry bags with the whiz-bang-by-golly draw cords. These bags are fairly thick. I use these to put my hard painted bags in when I am running with my leather bags. Also I put my seat in one of these when I change from my Mustang touring seat to my Corbin nostaligic solo seat. I'm nearly certain one of the laundry bags would work for a windshield as well.

I'm thinking my wife bought my NEW dirty laundry bags at Wal-Mart for less than 10 bucks a peice. :)

Thanks all. Lots of variety. Was thinking of the pillow case option myself. The HD bag costs about $70.00 - I'll pass on that.

During the year, it is on the bike, except for those few occassions when I take it off and put in the work bench till I come back.

During the winter, I wrap it in a blanket and put it in my closet. If I could do the same for the bike I would, but I don't think the wife would appreciate it and I haven't figured out an easy way to get it up the stairs :D

I bent a piece of 1/2" conduit into an "L" frame, wrapped it in foam and hung it on the wall. When it's time to take off the shield I turn it upside down and hang it by the clamps. It's on the wall and out of the way.

I leave it standing on the floor in my basement with a plastic bag on it.
The quick release clips keep it standing upright.

just paying attention not to hit it when walking around the basement... :s

Ciao
Ugo

The quick release windshield has stayed on ever since I first fitted it, other that for cleaning and checking periodically. Old pillow case works for the temporary storage issue...though a small shelf with groove in middle to hang it would be nice...

My son outgrew a sweatshirt (the hoody type) with a thick draw string at the waist.

I put this down over my detachable shield, draw the waist string up really tight to contain the shield and then slip a plastic clothes hanger into the normal position - sleeves and head-hole! I then hang it from a large hook up on the wall of my garage, safe, covered and out of the way of bikes, lawn mowers and the odd off target rugby ball. :D

I sewed two large terry cloth bath towels together, leaving the bottom open like a pillow cloth. It also doubles as touch up cloth. Works like a charm.

Back