free website stats program What do you store your quick released widshield in? | Harley Davidson Forums

What do you store your quick released widshield in?

Oldfatbob

After 5 months of back order limbo, my low profile, black frame, quick release widshield for my fat bob came in. Realy like it, but I need a bag to store it in that will protect it. Any tips on what to use other than an HD poduct.

I keep my windshield, spare seat, helmets, gloves.... all in a cheap storage locker in my garage. Throw a towel over it if that makes you feel more secure.

I came up with a coat hanger and a trash bag for my extra shield.Poke a small hole in the bottom of the bag and insert the hanger.Put the shield in and tie the bottom of the bag.It hangs in my closet next to my suite.

Went to my HD dealer and they gave me a cardboard windshield box from another windshield shipment. I put an old towel over the windshield and then over that the plastic bag that came in the box All goes into the cardboard box.

An old flanel pillowcase fits over my windshield nicely. Over the winter I leave it in place on the bike, but during the summer months when I'm out for a short ride without it, I have a steel "wardrobe or locker" that it fits in under the hanging stuff.

I have two windshields for my FLSTC/I the standard size one for winter and a shorter one for summer. Which everone is not being used It is stored ind a box with bubble wrap protecting it while it is stored in the shed.

Actually HD dealer stocks a "Windshield Bag" with a drawstring and HD logo...who wudda thunk?! :s

I took an old sweat shirt and had the wife sew up the sleeve holes after removing the sleeves and I use it when the bike is in the garage. You always seem to bump the shield with something and this protects it.

Last edited:
Back