free website stats program What did you take your test on? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What did you take your test on?

Took mine on my Ultra Classic, figured if I was going to ride it, I needed to be able to pass the test. that's something I still think is true. If you ride a big bike, you're cheating nobody but yourself if you take the test on a 250. IMHO, If you can't pass it on your bike, practice until you can. Take a course, get Ride like a Pro video. I am comfortable riding one or two up and going slow. AS motorman says, anybody can do sixty and then turn in a forty acre field. But good riders can ride slowly.

Ride safe

Bubba

Took and passed my test on a 99 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100. The test here really isn't that hard. I'm still thinkng about taking an advanced msf.

Here in Cali, you take the written test, aced it, the take the MSF course, we used 250cc rice burners, then take the certificate to the DMV and they had you a license

passed my test on a Suzuki GS500 naked sports bike

Just sold my 2002 GS500 Blue.
Bulletproof bike.
Loved it.
Too many bikes in the garage though, yadda, yadda, yadda.... you know the drill.

I took mine in 1992 on a 883 Sportster ( my first street bike ) . Missed one cone . That's it.

Hey Skunk Ape, love the ID photo.
It's a hobby of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my test in 1976, on a 74 Kawasaki S3? 400 c.c. tripple, the same day I bought it, but I had spent a lot of time on dirt bikes.

Kevin

A 2009 yz250 yamaha dual purpose bike. This bike when you thought turn it would. It was great for the confined courses I actually considered getting one just for the fun of it.

I agree totally. Test on what your going to ride. If you can't pass the test, then you need to practice. Makes no sense passing the test easily on a 250cc and then expect to drive thru traffic on a 1586cc.

Thank you RichardS for the edit. We try very hard to keep all language off the forum.

Thanks again.:s

'77 Kaw 750 (2 cyl version) w/ full fairing hard bags & luggage rack. Only had it about a yr.
First & only bike till I got my Sporty.

Watched the guy before me drop a Goldwing 3x's before the cop told the 3rd guy to get him off the course---was the buddies bike (he wasn't a happy camper to ay the least).

Back