free website stats program What did you take your test on? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What did you take your test on?

I took mine on my Dyna Wide Glide. The road test in Texas was way too easy. It consisted of a 4 or 5 minute ride with 5 turns and slow speeds. I had to provide the motorcycle, a car and a person to drive the car with the test administrator as a passenger.
This is how I think a test should be administered. There should be a road test portion in traffic conditions. And then a second portion on emergency braking.

I took mine on my Nightster
I only tapped my foot on the U-turn
Nailed the cones and everything else
You can really throw that bike around to get you through the cones

I took mine on a 150cc lambretta,then went straight out and bought me something I wouldnt be embarrassed to be seen on,a 500 twin BSA A7.That was way back before they invented all those different courses you had to do to work your way up to something decent.BTW here,you cant drive on motorways until you pass your test.Then,with absolutely no eperience of motoreway driving,you can get out there and kill somebody!!!!or be killed,depending on your luck.

The first licence I received was back in 1973 on a Honda CB750 that I had just bought. I was in San Diego and only remember taking a written exam. The Marine Corps made me take a weekend class before I could get a base permit. I dated my best friends sister on the back of that bike and now we ride an Ultra Classic with a few in between bikes. Yea, baby sister and I have been riding together for over thirty-five years. The second licence I got in Phoenix Az. and I used a son's 250 Rebel. It was a snap! Then I went home and rode the VTX. Another son took his test on his VTX and said, " No problem." The wife, after all these years, is ready to ride instead of sit in the back. We plan to use a MSF class at a local collage. They use 250 cc I believe. We get our number one son's 250 until she is ready to get her own.

The family that rides together, stays together.

Bought a 2008 Heritage Softail
(Haven't ridden a bike in 20 years)
I never had a motorcycle license, actually had no intention of getting one.
the wife said she won't ride on it unless I get a license!
so I signed up took written test to get Permit (PA)
good thing, the dealer wouldn't have let me leave without it??
& since I only had a permit they made me buy a helmet!

I had no idea what to expect from the test
in my area you have to schedule the test.
there were conflicts with my job & scheduling the test,
I found an opening in the Motorcycle safety Program (PA accepts this)
it was the advanced course, I had to use my bike,
8 hours long review then Test for state
Took MSP test on my brand new 2008 Heritage Softail had 250 miles on it, I only had it a week, I haven't ridden for 20 years,
I am glad I took it,
I rode a lot of dirt bikes & Street Bikes
these guys opened my eyes to a lot of things,
I would recommend this course to everyone, I will be taking it again in the future,

The first time I had to get a motorcycle-specific license was 1994. I took the test on my 1988 FLHS with my right arm in a cast. The test was in Pembroke Pines, FL

Back