free website stats program What did you do to your Stock Road King... | Harley Davidson Forums

What did you do to your Stock Road King...

sounds like the road king is slowly winning you over:D

You all are probably so sick of all my various post on this topic! Sorry about that. :(

I took my wife to the dealer today, and while she likes both the rk and heritage a lot, she gave the nod to the rk. However, she says I look more comfortable on the Heritage... which is true.

Maybe I should just get a skateboard, and stop tormenting myself :newsmile026:

Did you show your wife a Street Glide or is that bike out of the running now?

I had an '04 Road King prior to the Ultra. I put a Mustang seat on and Road King high bars. I don't think I need to change anything on the Ultra.

First thing I did was add a tour pak... coz we got it to travel ...changed the seat...and replaced the Handle bars..needed a handle bar that was closer together and I choose the 9 inch mini apes. That really help my hands from going numb.......these where for all comfort reasons..oh yeah installed some foot pegs on the engine guard and replaced the wife foot thingees with adjustable ones. Other things done was just for looks....installed a Fairing for Music..when I went shoppin for a Bike I should have bought a Ultra...we live and learn...lol..at that time to me being a first time rider it seemed Top Heavy( the Ultra I mean felt top heavy)..so I got the Road KIng for comfort as well i guess you could say.

Highway pegs are a must.... I rode mine without for almost 6 years... put them on the end of spring/early summer this year. Its like a brand new bike. Long hauls are Sooooo much nicer!

So far a

Back rest
Hiway pegs
floor board extenders
Stailbilizer (got to test this as i put it on tonight)
Radio ( another project tonight)
Removed rear shifter
Tour pak

Thinking a different seat for 2 up usage more for mrs than me

Think thats it for comfort

Did you show your wife a Street Glide or is that bike out of the running now?

Sorry Doc, the Streetglide didn't make the final cut. The wife thinks it's cool, but likes the other two better... as do I (for now, at least). A couple years down the road my "needs" may be different and a bike with a fairing may get the call.

Still very undecided between the rk and heritage, though. But, it's sure been fun riding them in the process!

Drew

Sorry Doc, the Streetglide didn't make the final cut. The wife thinks it's cool, but likes the other two better... as do I (for now, at least). A couple years down the road my "needs" may be different and a bike with a fairing may get the call.

Still very undecided between the rk and heritage, though. But, it's sure been fun riding them in the process!

Drew

Don't worry, I don't get a commission for selling Street Glides! :D

Back