What did you do to your Stock Road King...

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Drew, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

... to make it more comfortable?

thanks
    Drew

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

You all are probably so sick of all my various post on this topic! Sorry about that. :(

I took my wife to the dealer today, and while she likes both the rk and heritage a lot, she gave the nod to the rk. However, she says I look more comfortable on the Heritage... which is true.

Maybe I should just get a skateboard, and stop tormenting myself :newsmile026:

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Did you show your wife a Street Glide or is that bike out of the running now?

4. navyman

navyman Member

I had an '04 Road King prior to the Ultra. I put a Mustang seat on and Road King high bars. I don't think I need to change anything on the Ultra.

5. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

First thing I did was add a tour pak... coz we got it to travel ...changed the seat...and replaced the Handle bars..needed a handle bar that was closer together and I choose the 9 inch mini apes. That really help my hands from going numb.......these where for all comfort reasons..oh yeah installed some foot pegs on the engine guard and replaced the wife foot thingees with adjustable ones. Other things done was just for looks....installed a Fairing for Music..when I went shoppin for a Bike I should have bought a Ultra...we live and learn...lol..at that time to me being a first time rider it seemed Top Heavy( the Ultra I mean felt top heavy)..so I got the Road KIng for comfort as well i guess you could say.

6. Technologist

Technologist Member

Highway pegs are a must.... I rode mine without for almost 6 years... put them on the end of spring/early summer this year. Its like a brand new bike. Long hauls are Sooooo much nicer!

7. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

So far a

Back rest
    Hiway pegs
    floor board extenders
    Stailbilizer (got to test this as i put it on tonight)
    Radio ( another project tonight)
    Removed rear shifter
    Tour pak

Thinking a different seat for 2 up usage more for mrs than me

Think thats it for comfort

8. catfishmike

catfishmike Member

New seat and back rest

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

Sorry Doc, the Streetglide didn't make the final cut. The wife thinks it's cool, but likes the other two better... as do I (for now, at least). A couple years down the road my "needs" may be different and a bike with a fairing may get the call.

Still very undecided between the rk and heritage, though. But, it's sure been fun riding them in the process!

Drew

10. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Don't worry, I don't get a commission for selling Street Glides! :D