free website stats program What CB radio channel do you use ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What CB radio channel do you use ?

Things have changed since then, very little chatter even on the truckers channels (17/19) once you're out of the city. Amateur Radio is fine except you won't find it in general use out there. !7/19 (depending on location) has always been more or less a calling frequency. I monitor that & if I want to chat with someone, move to another channel.

Now that you mention it,last time I was on the local 2 meter repeater it sounded like CB used to...maybe thats where all the CBers went since the FCC 'dumbed-down' the exams..2 meter simplex is still ok for comms between a group though....:rider

Most of the time when my group rides we use ch 4, usually don't have any problems with other folks.

I have a dumb question, I have an 05 Ultra Classic, how do you use the cb, when I flip through and come to the cb it only lets me go through a few channels, does it change when you plug headphones into it? I have no clue on how to get different stations.

It all depends on where you are. Thru most of Canada & USA trucks use 19. The I-5 corridor uses 17 & 19. In BC it's 1 & 19. But a lot of trucks in western Canada also have VHF radios.

Truckers use 19 on odd freeways going north and south, 17 on even highways east and west. As a general rule

Mostly use channel 19 to listen to truckers and for traffic reports. Pretty friendly in PA with a few exceptions. Also, use channel 20 to talk to locals around neighborhood.

Back