free website stats program What CB radio channel do you use ? | Harley Davidson Forums

What CB radio channel do you use ?

'02 Road King

Just a quick poll to see what CB channel people use and is there a common channel bikers listen/talk on when they are on trips or different areas of the US.. I don't want to listen to trucker ch 19..

Just a quick poll to see what CB channel people use and is there a common channel bikers listen/talk on when they are on trips or different areas of the US.. I don't want to listen to trucker ch 19..

I was thinking 17 was the trucker Ch, not sure if there is a Biker ch,:p
When we run in a group we run on Ch 1:20:

I alway fine When you are on your own out on blacktop:D Truckers CH is the best to know whats going on, and When MR smoky is about:(

Channel 19 is the trucker channel.Unfortunately I'm in a truck but i have been talkin to guys on there way to sturgis and they aint got the range i got saved a group riders from a speed trap in a construction zone

Trucks are on 17 or 19 depending on the area. Dirt Haulers often use 10. Offroad vehicles(jeep) use 4. Most radios are tuned to antenna in the middle channels. (17 to 23)
If traveling with a private group I stay on a close number to truckers channels so it is quicker to change to channel for traffic updates.

My HOG chapter uses channel 2 but have no clue who decided that number or why.

I have heard that most Gold Wing groups use channel 1.

19 here in north tx, but I have never heard another bike on there, lots of times its just noisy skip.. I keep the squelch turned up pretty high.

It usually depends on where the least amount of traffic is. (channel traffic). Our group uses CH15 for most of our rides, but it can change if necessary.

It usually depends on where the least amount of traffic is. (channel traffic). Our group uses CH15 for most of our rides, but it can change if necessary.

I havn't been on CB in over 20 years...back then,many CBers 'broadcast' on all 40 channels at once via amps.....I cant imagine it has got any better.......Amateur Radio is the way to go....the License is easier to get than your MC endorsement on your DL...:rider

I havn't been on CB in over 20 years...back then,many CBers 'broadcast' on all 40 channels at once via amps.....I cant imagine it has got any better.......Amateur Radio is the way to go....the License is easier to get than your MC endorsement on your DL...:rider
Things have changed since then, very little chatter even on the truckers channels (17/19) once you're out of the city. Amateur Radio is fine except you won't find it in general use out there. !7/19 (depending on location) has always been more or less a calling frequency. I monitor that & if I want to chat with someone, move to another channel.

Back