free website stats program What Cams | Harley Davidson Forums

What Cams

Going to upgrade my 04 E/G to S/E hydraulic cam chain tensioners. So i figure why not put better cams in. Only mods are Big Sucker, thunderheader and Dobeck efi with only 14,000 miles on it:small3d036:. Looking for a little better performance. You guys have been very informative and helpful so far, i figured this is the best place to start.

I put Andrews 48's in my 96" Electra Glide. It made a nice difference in bottom end power, I ride mountain roads one gear higher than before. Gas mileage stayed the same. They have a fair idle lope. There are many great cams from several mfgs.

I'm looking at the 255s for my Heritage Solftail Classic. It is an '11, so 96ci engine.

I had put the Andrews Products 21s in my '03 UC when I did the roller-chain conversion. More bottom end torque.

Let us know what you do, and better yet, take bunches of pix!!!

Cheers,

TQ

When I did the upgrade to my '99 Ultra I went with the Andrews 26N cams, Dobek , Big Sucker air cleaner to go with the V&H I already had on the bike. Mid range operation was drastically improved.

Is it 88" or 96"?

Bodeen, 88 bone stock,except for bolt ons listed. Very interested in the fueling kit with their 525 cams. The better oil pressure/volume seems way better. However they don't seem to come with the tensioners. Will have to buy them separately, from Mother Harley?
WAP.gif

I did my 05 glide with 07 camplate and tensioners. Roller chain and andrews N21 cams. I vould not be happier. Nice mild lope and pulls like a tractor. I bumped my carb up one size on slow jet and get 46 mpg.

Bodeen, 88 bone stock,except for bolt ons listed. Very interested in the fueling kit with their 525 cams. The better oil pressure/volume seems way better. However they don't seem to come with the tensioners. Will have to buy them separately, from Mother Harley?
WAP.gif

I know nothing about the Fueling kit. I used the S.E. plate and pump kit and 21N's and like the rest, the gains are very nice. Add a set of heads redone purposed for the 21 cam and hang on.

Check out BigAl's write up, he did a good job.

Harley Davidson Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Back