What Cams

Discussion in 'Police Bikes' started by loudandfoul, Jul 28, 2014.

1. loudandfoul

loudandfoul Member

Going to upgrade my 04 E/G to S/E hydraulic cam chain tensioners. So i figure why not put better cams in. Only mods are Big Sucker, thunderheader and Dobeck efi with only 14,000 miles on it:small3d036:. Looking for a little better performance. You guys have been very informative and helpful so far, i figured this is the best place to start.

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I put Andrews 48's in my 96" Electra Glide. It made a nice difference in bottom end power, I ride mountain roads one gear higher than before. Gas mileage stayed the same. They have a fair idle lope. There are many great cams from several mfgs.

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm looking at the 255s for my Heritage Solftail Classic. It is an '11, so 96ci engine.

I had put the Andrews Products 21s in my '03 UC when I did the roller-chain conversion. More bottom end torque.

Let us know what you do, and better yet, take bunches of pix!!!

Cheers,

TQ

4. loudandfoul

loudandfoul Member

I plan on this being a winter project, so pics will be awhile. But I'll take some.

5. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Is it 88" or 96"?

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  7. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

When I did the upgrade to my '99 Ultra I went with the Andrews 26N cams, Dobek , Big Sucker air cleaner to go with the V&H I already had on the bike. Mid range operation was drastically improved.

8. loudandfoul

loudandfoul Member

Bodeen, 88 bone stock,except for bolt ons listed. Very interested in the fueling kit with their 525 cams. The better oil pressure/volume seems way better. However they don't seem to come with the tensioners. Will have to buy them separately, from Mother Harley?
    [​IMG]

9. kdaddy

kdaddy Active Member

I did my 05 glide with 07 camplate and tensioners. Roller chain and andrews N21 cams. I vould not be happier. Nice mild lope and pulls like a tractor. I bumped my carb up one size on slow jet and get 46 mpg.

10. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I know nothing about the Fueling kit. I used the S.E. plate and pump kit and 21N's and like the rest, the gains are very nice. Add a set of heads redone purposed for the 21 cam and hang on.

Check out BigAl's write up, he did a good job.

Harley Davidson Forums

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014