free website stats program What Cam is in my 85 EVO ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Cam is in my 85 EVO ?

I emailed Andrews support with this description:

I'm looking to replace the cam on my stock 1985 EV80 FLHTC. It has a S&S E carb with free flowing filter, SE ignition module, 2 into 1 Patriot Defender exhaust. My riding preference: touring, sometimes 2 up, almost never over 3500 rpm or 70 mph. I don't wind the gears out

and they recommended the EV13. I understand it runs cooler due to the longer exhaust duration. I wonder if its a significant difference ? Thanks Bob

Check post 9, I think Bubbie has u covered, and again I think my book in the hands of Hoople lists the cam combos u may be looking for:s

I emailed Andrews support with this description:

I'm looking to replace the cam on my stock 1985 EV80 FLHTC. It has a S&S E carb with free flowing filter, SE ignition module, 2 into 1 Patriot Defender exhaust. My riding preference: touring, sometimes 2 up, almost never over 3500 rpm or 70 mph. I don't wind the gears out

and they recommended the EV13. I understand it runs cooler due to the longer exhaust duration. I wonder if its a significant difference ? Thanks Bob

The EV13 is the cam you need based on how you ride. It was developed by Joe Minton after extensive dyno research. I have the Twin Cam version of that cam in my bike which is the Andrews TW 21. I absolutely love this cam.

Here is a link to an excellent article that Joe wrote a few years back. About halfway down he will get to the specifics on cam design. Elements of Power: Torque - and how to get some

Well written article. I think I'm leaning toward the EV13 due to Andrews recommendation, taking into consideration my riding style. I'm thinking I've lost some Low end due to the 2 into 1 exhaust and need to get some back. Thanks for all the comments - Bob

Back