free website stats program What Brought you to The Forum | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Brought you to The Forum

had bunch of questions about my old 2000 model 883 sporty, found this site on yahoo search engine, glad i made it here!!!

Well I had a problem with my RK.
I searched the net and HDT was one of the listings. I scanned it out for a couple of hours and not sure why but chose to register here other than any other site (glad I did).
I was impressed with two members right off the bat, Glider and Jack Klarich. I think I was/am impressed with their knowledge and concern for others. Lets face it takes a lot of effort and time to think of ideas/answers for members.
I am through time getting a mental picture appreciation of the current Mods and the members that share their time and wisdom with all of us.
If I never get a chance in the future I would like to say sincerely thank you all!
Being new to Harley's thought what the heck, posted my problem (July, 7th) and boom! Received bang on help very quickly from Glider and others as well. I am thankful for the help I got.
It is very reassuring to know that I can with the forums members and Moderators help,

1. NEVER feel alone
2. Continue building confidence with my bike
3. Learn about Harley's/engines
4. Responsibilities to the people/riders near me
5. Ins and outs of buying Bikes/parts etc..
6. The travel information/stories (great stuff)
7. Keeping up to speed with news, tips
8. There is always something new
9. The resource catalog, got to be the best on the www

No doubt on the money/time I personally and others have saved from the membership postings. A great site! I will continue to support HDtalking.

Thanks again :hii

Wanted to start doing my own maintenance since I was finding issues with the work my dealer was doing. Did an internet search and Google popped up HDTimeline, been coming back every day since. With the help and encouragement provided on this site I have been able to do all maintenance on my bikes except for things that I just don't have (can't afford) the tools. Thanks for the help guys, and thanks for keeping it family friendly.

I tore down my bike without a manual. Had no concept of the guts of a fuel injected tank. Had an issue with the line coming off the quick disconnect. Got all my answers here. (AND bought a manual!) Tools, a manual, and HDT and you can do 90% of your own maintnance!

Google search after my local dealer could not find an answer to a problem I was having with my bike. rightaway i knew I had found a great forum and I joined. now because of all of the wealth of information from members and mods, I'm confident enough to work on my bike knowing that if I get stuck I can always get help here.

I found this site by googling "motorcycle forums". While I don't say much, mainly because I don't know much, I have learned a lot and appreciate the family atmosphere.

Also, I like being here because I am obviously one of the best looking people you have. I have a positive esthetic value for this site.
3.gif

Combination of paranoia over a new bike and a google search.
At times I cant tell if it has helped the paranoia or just helped feed it

Back