free website stats program What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD?

Started with a 5hp mini bike at 13.

At 16 moved up to a Sears/Puch 250

A year later I moved up to a new Honda 360, very nice bike for a young man. Got married, the wife says NO Motorcycles

Jump forward a quarter of a century and my 23 year old son gets a motorcycle. Heck, I want one too! Got back in on a Kawasaki 900. Nice bike.

Traded it for a 2004 1200C Sportster........ My wife just shakes her head when I go out in the garage at night just to gaze upon it

But the very first was a 1976 Honda CB250 at the ripe old age of 14 in Italy!
The bike was almost as old as I was at the time, it was 12 when I got it.

Lots of Hondas, one BSA, one Suzuki, one Kawasaki but none come close to the Ultra!!!

Take care and ride safe eh!!

Lots of Honda's away back as a kid, (anything that I could make run) Last one was a 2009 750 shadow, dropped the bike with the wife on the back, nothing too dramatic but I did come out of it with a busted ankle, by the time I was mobile she took the course and the bike was hers, so I had to step up to the Harley. No regrets

As a kid my dad and elder brothers all had bikes so i thought i would naturally follow,but my brothers got into cars cos that meant girls!!! and my dad just got fed-up and got a car,so i was 38 yeah 38 before i got into bikes,wanted a HD but coudnt afford(kids an all) so went for Honda CBR600 out grew very quickly onto Fireblades,had a 05,07 and 08 then finallygot my hands on 09 Heritage,lots of new mates,wife on a 09 Nightster and we luv it!!!!

My Bike progression:

!st- HD.. M-50
2nd-HD.. 125cc Rapido
3rd- HD.. 350cc Sprint
4th- Honda.. CB500 4cyl (The Sprint made me mad)
then 28 years later after children...
5th- HD.. '07 Sportster 883
6th & Current.. '09 Heritage FLSTC

I started on a cz 125 then a few hondas then on to triumph 750 bonnie then ducati 900ss then in 1980 i bought a new motto guzzi lemans had that bike for a long time then on to bmw but only airhead twins
then about 4 1/2 years ago saw a cute looking sportster and bought it since then ive picked up a softail and a dyna and let the last of the bmw and honda go

Brian

Actually remembered a few others I had...first ride was a BSA 441 Victor, then a Honda 160 Dream, Honda CB350, 500 and 750; Suzuki 250 Dual Purpose and a BMW R60/2...can't ever have too many!!

Back