free website stats program What boots do you like/wear and why? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What boots do you like/wear and why?

I'm a big fan for the RJ Colt Minors...I like the gore panels on the uppers that make it easy to get them on, and close back up to give that solid leather upper look...I wear mine pretty much every waking hour, and find them comfortable and my feet don't sweat(my wife likes that)...My only problem with them is that I think the soles wear out to quickly giving me a bald slick patch, but at roughly 35-40 dollars off ebay I don't mind wearing them and buying a new pair...

My work boots because I'm too cheap to buy another pair! :bigsmiley25: I think they're Danners. Good boot, gets the job done, (pun intended).:D

I have a couple.. A set of Alpinestars and a set of Joe Rocket touring boots. Comfortable, waterproof and hooligan approved.

When I started this post, I didn't realize how much I probably appreciate the air (in hot weather) coming through the laces of my Timberline hiking boots that are completely worn out on me. Part of the reason I went to 10" pull on harness boots (x element) was to have a warmer more protective boot. It's just such a major pain to get on and off, been having to wear those slicky grandpa nylon thin socks so I can get my foot in. Oh and if I ever had to run out the back way, I'd need a ten minute start.

Keep posting guys you've been a big help.

Redback Boots These are spendy but easy on and off very light weight, my Dr suggested them with my back problems, tho In do prefer my H D 16 inch steel toe engineer boots made in the USA by Red Wing I had forgot when I moved here to Florida 16 years ago I bought these and had them in the closet the whole time:s

Where did you get your Redback's Jack? Matco man?

Where did you get your Redback's Jack? Matco man?

Yep, but you can buy then direct maybe a bit cheaper, I like how easy they pull on and off, light weight you can get steel toe or not also:s

Like most of the previous posts, I prefer slip on Wellington boots with heavy treaded soles made of Oillite/Neoprene, seen on hiking boots made by Vibram and others. I like the convenience, non-skid surface, ankle support and up to the shin protection. Redwing, Wolverine etc. come the closest to OFF THE SHELF consistency...though I give the nod preference to Made in USA if possible - balanced with price.

I would like to "lavish" stuff on my ride, but after I have outfitted myself. Yes, there are great deals out there, I do not spend more that $200 each for my jacket, boots, helmet and $100 for gloves, so I keep an HD eagle eye open for those things I need (rather than want). Just be patient...paying 1/10 the MSRP is how I roll, and also buy local business if possible to stimulate relationships and yes Craigslist is my friend as are thrift stores.

1st pic is Justin Original Style WK4936'
2nd Pic is Justin Original Men's Hybred Work Boot. Very comfortable if you like the western style. Rubber sole & heel to ensure bight when you put your feet down.

WK4936_1.jpg

050E06_MP_p1.jpg

Need something comfortable to walk in when I get to work. I actually was wondering if I was going to hear the Bates namebrand mentioned. The kid that sells me ethanol free gas also rides and prefers his Bates boots over his tennis shoes. Grew up wearing Red Wings but the dealer that I dealt with in Augusta Ga basically only sells the Chinese made Red Wings now.

Bates boots are very comfortable. I utilize them for riding and they work very well. Depending on what type you get though ankle support is different from a full leather boot.

Back