free website stats program What Bike To Get | Harley Davidson Forums

What Bike To Get

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdsocal87

Banned
I started riding on a yamaha 1100 virago, and very soon knew I wanted a Harley... I just dont know what to get. I like softail bikes...large..and something that looks classic...any suggestions

Welcome!

Just find a friendly dealer and start checking out all of the bikes, sitting on them and asking questions. All of the softails sit a little different so one may suit you better.

You can also rent them at some dealerships which may give you a day or so to check them out.

I settled on a used Fatboy and I love it.

Good Luck!

I would also try a Road King. Classic looks and though I've never ridden a softtail, from what I've read the touring bikes are a more comfortable ride.
:USA

Fat Boy. Great ride, handles well. I went to one of the open houses and rode several before I decided.

Virago 1100...good bike. Rode a 95' for years until I stepped up and bought a HD.

For a softail I'm all about the Heritage. There might be some better riding bikes out there but for me there is no better classic looking bike in the HD line.

i find the fatboy to be very comfortable that of course is why i have one i think they are so comfortable for me because it is the perfect size it is big enough to know its there but it handles and turns very excellent for a big cruiser. i have never rode a heritage but i have sit on them and it was comfortable. i did alot of reading:newsmile020: before i bought mine i would suggest the same to anyone else

Hey thanks alot I test drove the fatboy and heratige...i fell for the heratige ill be getting it soon...ill still look around before i buy though thanks

telling you what bike to get is like telling you what food to eat .. i don't know you and everybody has their own tastes in food and bikes. BUT, I may have been in your shoes recently. I had a Kawaski Vulcan and spent money to add a wind shield, bags (after relocating the turn signals!), back rest, Corbin seat, and luggage rack. I enjoyed it for over 25,000 miles but it was too cramped for me and my wife to ride together. So, simply to please my wife ;-) I, I mean we, chose a Heritage. It already had all the extras except a luggage rack (?) but otherwise it was set up and ready to go just like I wanted. It was the same look and style I was already used to but with more room and more comfort. FYI - I did later have to add a wider passenger seat, but otherwise we've been very happy.

Face it, buying a HD is an emotional purchase really, anyway. Might as well get the tried and true classic look!

Compared to other bikes it's like driving a dump truck, but it is comfortable and stable with plenty of power to haul 2 folks and plenty of luggage anywhere.

the fatboy is hard to pass,with its looks, style and street cred. you wont be disapointed.
i`v moved to an 09 road king but will never forget the fat boys i had (all 3 of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back