free website stats program What bars for an 09 FLHR ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What bars for an 09 FLHR ?

Heritage bars all the way. Buddy of mine picked up his new road king last night and this morning at work he say's he didn't ride 100 yards and he was thinking about a bar change.

Before I rebuilt my flhr to a flhx I had 16" apes and loved them but I'm 6'. I've talked to people that went wioth the heritage or 13" apes and are very happy. I'll bet you could get used heritage bars on E-bay without spending much to experiment.

Road King clasic bars from an 05 will come back 2 inches more than the heritage bars. I Installed the heritage bars this past week after reading this post and put 800 miles on mine ( I just bought an 09 standard). They are better than stock, but I still get that back/neck pain, just not as bad. I measured the bars on my brother in laws rk classic and wished I had intalled those. They come back past the key switch, the heritage bars dont. I will install those soon. Now to find the right seat....that stock seat seemed ok..but has bruised me and the wifes (EDITED) something fierce....It is NOT a plesure to get back on the bike after 125 to 150 Miles. I will probably need to go Mustang again.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back