free website stats program What bars for an 09 FLHR ? | Harley Davidson Forums

What bars for an 09 FLHR ?

Hey folks. I was hoping I can get some input from you regarding bars for my 09 Road King. I recently installed a Corbin Close Solo seat and pulled back the bars a little. This setup is much better for my 5' 7" stature, but I'm still reaching forward too much, and the bar width seems too wide as well. Long rides are tiresome with reach, and slow tight turns are difficult due to the wide bars. I need closer and narrower bars.
I have seen many options; too may options to really know what to try. Anyone out there that has a recommendations of what bars to get would be a big help.

Happy Riding

What kind of bars do you have now? I changed out my stock bars for heritage softtail classic bars when I had my 07 Road King and was really happy with them.

I still have the stock bars. I thought of the Heritage bars; do you think they would be more comfortable for me , are they 1" ?

Changed my '09 FLHR to the Heritage bars - you won't need anything extra the OEM wiring and cables will reach and it will bring the bars two inches closer in reach and about three inches closer on the spread. It's an excellant trade off for those of us with a shorter reach.

I use the heritage style handlebars & love them:D . You will have to use HDpart # 56902-08 this bar will fit the Road Glide & Road King models , they are a 1" stainless steel handlebar that has the notches for the electronic throttle sensor & they will give you 3" more pullback & you can use all your stock wires & cables . HD msrp $79.95

Hey folks. I was hoping I can get some input from you regarding bars for my 09 Road King. I recently installed a Corbin Close Solo seat and pulled back the bars a little. This setup is much better for my 5' 7" stature, but I'm still reaching forward too much, and the bar width seems too wide as well. Long rides are tiresome with reach, and slow tight turns are difficult due to the wide bars. I need closer and narrower bars.
I have seen many options; too may options to really know what to try. Anyone out there that has a recommendations of what bars to get would be a big help.

Happy Riding

I changed out my stock bars to the HD Heritage style on my '09 Road King and they made all the difference in the world. Part Number is 56902-08
There is also a measurement chart to compare different bars. :cheers

Thanks for your input, everyone.

I am leaning towards the Heritage Style bars. They seem to have all the things I want.

The HD Reduced Reach bars may also be a consideration, but the pull back seems extreme; I wonder if your wrists will be strained because of the
pullback angle.

My last consideration is the Street Slammer. I like the beachbar look. But they are the most expensive with all the extras. Will the 7" pullback risers be adequate, and how wide are the bars. If they are about 30" wide they may work. Does anyone have the street slammer ?

I have the 09 FLHRC with the reach seat and the Heritage style bars w/ kuryakyn grips/throttle boss,also added floorboard extensions(wider by 1 inch).Plus dual pipes.
But the ride is 100% for the better,looking at low profile shocks as well

Back