free website stats program What are your thoughts? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What are your thoughts?

My opinion, if you have two wheels then thats good enough for me! we have a big harley community here in gib considering the size of the place and even though we have the official hog chapter and the Harely club most of the runs are made up of all kinds of rides and thats how they should be. Even the lambretta club joins us occasionally ( though not sure if thats a good thing or not :s)

Well my renting a bike fell through this weekend. I had called on Thursday to reserve it for Saturday and the guys says i don't have bikes left and he said he'd put money on it that there isn't one to be had in town. Then he says with HD's 105th party we hadn't had any available since mid week(Doh! never took that into consideration). Well long story story short i have it reserved for next saturday and my buddy at work with the new street glide wants to hook up with me on my ride up north.

Once again thanks for all your thoughts I great appreciate them. It will be nice to go the Fam's house, while we where are our state fair the wife found a little zip up sweat jacket she like at the HD tent so i bought it for her as a early B-day gift. The bug has bitten her, she saw a red/Gold "09" Deluxe that she really like and i got the comment of "maybe a 10th anniversary gift for ya honey"!!!

Thanks everyone,
Tim

I'm not much on group riding but I do have a few friends with Harleys. I have a tendancy to go which ever way the wind blows me so I've stayed away from organized rides.

If I do ever ride with friends, it will be them I'm riding with, not thier bikes.

Please do when you get a chance!!

My most memorable ride involving Harleys (back when I was riding a Brand Y 750 Shafty) was with a large group of riders on choppers (Modified Motorcycles Association) I met while randomly crusing through Vallejo, CA. The lead rider put a MMA wallet in my hand (still have it), asking me to join them to ride all the way up to Sacramento (after I picked up a large Teddy Bear strapped to the back of my sissy bar) to the steps of the State Capitol to drop it off in a hugh pile of Christmas toys. The steady roar of several 1000 motorcycles converging there was just awesome...an unforgettable moment. :)

Went on several rides with them over the years and enjoyed their comradere and friendly jibes, "You'll be on a Harley in a few years." Well, it took a little longer than expected, but I am there! After that I try to get those who ride two wheelers to go for a quick ride out to the beach or just ride out the PCH...no food needed, its just a ride and lunch is only an hour!

At my work I rode the only bike, my brand S Kat sport bike, soon after the gal at the front desk got herself a new Honda Shadow, fixing it up with new pipes, bags and screen...all her friends she says ride Harleys, then the new guy in sales rolls in on his YZRR1000 race bike w/ lights...he gets a Harley a month later...I say Life is Good! :newsmile093:

IMHO ride with whomever you want. 2 wheels is all that matters THAT IS ALL. I will ride with whomever no matter what they are on. Have a great weekend

My Daughter has a Honda Shadow, my son-in-law a Honda Spirit, my Son a Kawasaki Mean Streak and my Wife a Kawasaki 900 Vulcan LT.

Nuff said....only exception is my H.O.G. chapter which once monthly, is a HD only ride. This is more because the Harley-Davidson HOG libility insurance covers us all as members. To add others would require releases to be signed and other administrative hassels. So that part of my life stays "exclusive"

One day a month ain't bad. The rest of the time its out with the family

Already go 8,000 miles on the 105th UG this year!!

Be safe, but RIDE!

BJ

Back