free website stats program What are your thoughts? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What are your thoughts?

I have a dyna super glide and love it. Hopefully you will like your experience on one too. I ride with people that I enjoy being around and that are safe to ride with. One of the guys that I ride the most with has a Suzuki C50. I would say ride with people that you can enjoy yourself with regardless what they ride.

I am just curious what your thoughts being Harley owners and all.

So last year we had a Harley count of just one at work which is my bosses HD Ultra. So this year the HD count has grown, we have two new Softails, One Deluxe and a new Street Glide. Maybe it's just me but it seems as though one with a Metric bike is not invited along with their little group to go on rides mind you we are all friends. Now for how personable and friendly You HD owners on here are i can't imagine that if someone like myself wanted to join in on a ride that it wouldn't matter what kind of bike one owns. Is it a HD thing or new owners with just big heads?

Along with that i am planning my Dyne rental for this weekend so i can ride it all day Saturday. Now do i or don't I invite a die hard Honda Family members? I know most will say invite them and maybe they'll see what a harley is really like. I understand that but what I'm afraid of is (my pop's in particular) ruining the experience. I know that only i can think for myself but have you ever had it where you go on vacation with someone that just makes the trip experience miserable and very unenjoyable? Knowing me being more of the outcast it would probably make me want one that much more but i don't want that feeling. I want to see if there's that connection that this is the bike for me hence the reason for renting it obviously. So do I go alone or Invite them?

Or is there anyone close around here thats looking to go riding Saturday?

Well thanks for listening to my venting.

Tim
Anyone who is so shallow as to pick one brand or another to the exclusion of others should not be included in the motorcycle community as a whole.

I don't agree that two wheels is two wheels. I don't see how it could be fun for Harleys to ride with crotch rockets- two totally different things, ridden in totally different ways, for totally different reasons.
Other than that, I wouldn't have a problem riding with other cruising bikes, whatever the make.

I don't agree that two wheels is two wheels. I don't see how it could be fun for Harleys to ride with crotch rockets- two totally different things, ridden in totally different ways, for totally different reasons.
Other than that, I wouldn't have a problem riding with other cruising bikes, whatever the make.

Agree, should have added that with scooters!! we do have a few sportstouring in the group i ride with, and they dont seam to complain. although we all go fast, witch is from what i have seen a-typical of HOG chapter type rides that put around at 10 below the speed limit.

No, don't invite them. Don't invite anybody, except maybe your sig. other as a passenger.
Why? Because you need the freedom to play around with the bike without having to worry about others keeping up or being bored while you try going around in circles. This is your time to experiment with the bike. Go, stop, start, backup, do all the things that come into your head during the day. If you go with other people, you'll end up just driving around, which will be fun, but you won't really get to know the bike. The whole point is to see if you want to spend a pot of money on something (for you, at least) new and different. Take the family and friends for a ride after you decide what to ride on.

Well for us, we just know that the guys on the crotch rockets will take off and go during certain parts of the trip. It's probably more of a pain for them to stop and wait for us cruisers to catch up but nobody seems to mind. The groups mentality as a whole is that we won't leave anyone behind and we make sure everyone gets to the destination safely. On the ride last friday the guys on the crotch rockets gave us cruisers a 3 minute head start to get over this road called Trappers Loop. My goal was to beat them to the top, I knew I wouldn't beat them all the way over to the other side. I was within about a 1/4 mile of winning the race to the top when my friend blew by me. Bottom line is that we had a great time on the ride and I would do it again this Friday if I could.

Not much more to say then what has already been said,

Safety and Attitudes is what I watch out for, I want to be safe and not looking to get in any trouble

Seems like they already have the Attitude and sometimes a safety issue follows after that...

I will ride with anyone...except the dudes that think the are Lance Armstrong and own the rode!:p

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts, just shows all the kindness fellow riders show one another. I feel pretty much the same as the rest of ya but just needed some second opinions. Since i mainly ride all the time with my pop's i opted to go solo. I need to enjoy this ride and be able to do what i want on this bike to see if it's my next kid.
I did mention to one of the guy's at work with the new Street Glide that i might stop by his house since it's a nice ride from my house to his. So after talking to my other buddy works next to him he said he had ask him if he was gonna tag along with me on a ride and apparently he had already had planned a route a stop to a HD dealer. Must of just been me.
Thanks again.
Tim

I found when I rode my Buell to a Harley event I wasn't recognized by the Harley folks. When I went to something metric same thing.

I have friends that ride Harley and Jap stuff, it don't bother me what I ride with.

We have a local bike shop around where I work and I have always had good experiences with them. A friend I work with rides a Suzuki C50 does not like the place because he says they kind of turn there nose to him. I some people just think if you are not on a Harley you are not on a real bike. However, I said I would not own a bike until I could get a Harley and stuck to it but that doesn't stop me from riding with people that are not on a Harley.

Back