free website stats program What are you sitting on? | Harley Davidson Forums

What are you sitting on?

Cuzz

I am looking for a seat that is wider, flatter and firmer than the stock seat. I tried to utilize the HD seat demo program to try a hamock seat but none of the local (and not so local) has one to try. I'm 6'2" 185 lb. What's working for you?

I am looking for a seat that is wider, flatter and firmer than the stock seat. I tried to utilize the HD seat demo program to try a hamock seat but none of the local (and not so local) has one to try. I'm 6'2" 185 lb. What's working for you?

wider, flatter, firmer sounds like my Corbin. It is all of those things. too firm for some, however.
WAP.gif

I'm sitting on the stock seat and use a sheepskin for longer rides. I purchased a Hammock seat with my bike and ended up taking it off after the first year. For me it was great (I'm 5'10" w/32" inseam) but for my passengers it was too high on the rear which resulted in them sliding forward and having to re-position themselves several times an hour. When I get a chance I'm taking it to a guy in Winnipeg who does custom seat work and see if he can do anything with it. From talking to him on the phone, he doesn't think he can as there may not be any foam in the rear to adjust.

Where are you located at Cuzz? I am on a stock couch but have a seat that matches that to a tee. I still use it once in a blue moon, when ever I take the tour pack off. But the wife won't ride unless the tour pack is on, so about the time I take it off, she wants to go for a ride.

Toby

I rebuilt mine myself to fit my rear just the way I wanted, flatter than the stock version and back farther.

Took off the stock Street Glide seat and bought a lePera Maverick Seat. It's perfect for me and my lady.

Have Mustang seats for both the Ultra and Sportster.

Advantage with the Mustang seat is the metal base. Not the plastic base on the factory seat.

Check out- Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications
they have done work for a bunch of us here. They take your seat and can change it to fit you. good prices and fast turnaround

I would stay away from mail order seat modifications, to get the best fit you should be there in person so you can get the correct fit JMO. I use the HD Leather Low Profile Bucket Seat HD part # 52918-98B for 97-07 touring models and HD part # 52095-08A for the 08 and later touring models both seats cost $299.95 . I am very comfortable on this seat and I have no problem doing a 600 mile day. :bigsmiley12:

+1 om Mean City Cycles. They do great work and if you can explain what you are looking for. They are great.

Back