free website stats program What are you doing for Christmas | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What are you doing for Christmas

Well since the new generation took Christ out of Christmas and turned it into Chri$tma$$ My wife came up with a wonderful idea. Christmas at the cottage fire place, decorated with boughs and a real tree no gifts only crafts. Sleigh ride (pulled with my prowler I don't have horses) big fire outside and a deep fried turkey and caroling.
I tried to get my folks to do that at our cabin in TN years ago, but I couldn't get the family to all drive down at the same time. :s

My company closes this week, so usually we take a nice vacation, the last five years have been: vegas, new orleans, memphis/nashville, austin/san antonio, this year my g/f is recovering from a detached retina, so I will be home playing with my motorcycles in the garage

A few pints with the boys christmas eve afternoon (kind of annual meeting), prepping the food eve night; we'll open prezzies and cook on Christmas day, I'll go get mother in law, wine & dine in the afternoon, just wife, her & me......oh, and I'll watch "It's a Wonderful Life" again at some stage, because I think it's still a great film....
Happy Christmas all!!

BTW, I heard someone say that in the States, christmas is not regarded as big an event as Thanksgiving... is that right? Just curious (we don't have thanksgiving here)

My mother always preferred Thanksgiving over any other holiday. No baggage I guess, just family, friends, and food. As a child I would have objected profusely; as an adult she was wise beyond her years.

Thought we could share what our Christmas plans are, My moms birthday is Christmas day have been thinking of surprising her by flying in to Minnesota, this would be a big plus, I could see my Great Grand Son for the first time, lets here your plans, Capital Jack

I'll be enjoyin watchin the grand kids opening their gifts from the jolly old one. Eating too much and knapping. How good is life!

Our Christmas is taking place right now.

Our Son is home until Thursday from the Navy. We are having a blast but already have that empty feeling I get when he leaves again. He has been in for 4 years and it never gets any easier. I wish I was as strong as he is.

Happy Holidays to all of you.

My company closes this week, so usually we take a nice vacation, the last five years have been: Vegas, new Orleans, Memphis/Nashville, Austin/San Antonio, this year my g/f is recovering from a detached retina, so I will be home playing with my motorcycles in the garage

Hoping your g/f recovers, her vision saved...my mother almost had a detached retina...only symptom was sparks in her field of vision. My brother in law had a personal friend who is an eye surgeon and opened his office on Sunday and got her the surgery she needed...she was lucky that it had not detached...! :s Real scary how things can get if you have ANY vision problems with potential for blindness real. :(

Have a very nice Christmas and New Years. :a

Hoping your g/f recovers, her vision saved...my mother almost had a detached retina...only symptom was sparks in her field of vision. My brother in law had a personal friend who is an eye surgeon and opened his office on Sunday and got her the surgery she needed...she was lucky that it had not detached...! :s Real scary how things can get if you have ANY vision problems with potential for blindness real. :(

Have a very nice Christmas and New Years. :a

Thanks, sounds very familiar, she said she was seeing "ants" running across the table, it got bad in three days, then she got laser tacked, that didn't take, so the doctor opened the office on sunday and scheduled the scleral buckle and vitrectomy, there is also a top retinal surgeon over on another forum that I am on, he contacted her doctor and they came up with a plan, she is now 1 month from surgery and doing better but it will be a few weeks before she can return to work.

Merry Christmas to all, enjoy life stuff happens real quick that can screw it up!

Well tonite I am sitting in a service plaza in UpState NY, on I-90 I worked last weekend, and got home thursday afternoon, and left backout friday morning. I will work till wed and then head in.. I still wanta service the bike and take her for a ride. and saturday 'Christmas" Me and the wife will head over to my Neices and share gifts and watch the little faces lite up.. She has four girls and one son. and they are all pretty young. and cuter then cute.. and they love there uncle Tom... yep I looking forward to it...

Gonna use the time to relax and heal the broken bones and sore spots. Just hang out and watch my girls have a good time. Usually the day after all my riding buddies get together for drinks.

Back