free website stats program what are these holes for behind compensator sprocket ? | Harley Davidson Forums

what are these holes for behind compensator sprocket ?

If I can load pic these holes are behind my compensator sprocket and the bottom one pours oil into primary can someone explain and can they be filled some how or changed or whatever? there is one on top and one under bottom. Hey jack these are what we were talking about yesterday!

Attachments

• hole.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 89
I believe thats for HD Tool 9455755. This has bar has 2 pins that fit in those holes to help hold the compensator.

There is a crank seal behind that tin shield, looks like too much Blue loctite in that picture also. My guess is the crank seal is leaking, I would check the end play on the crank as well JMO from looking@ the picture

the blue you see isn't locktite its formagasket behind primary. If i can find that tool that fits those holes can that be unscrewed with primary removed so i can replace seal?

That is L/H threads.I used a blunt punch to remove it on a '68 a couple days ago.They make an upgraded one with new type seal in it already. Drag Spec. has them & maybe V-Twin. Hope this helps.

That is L/H threads.I used a blunt punch to remove it on a '68 a couple days ago.They make an upgraded one with new type seal in it already. Drag Spec. has them & maybe V-Twin. Hope this helps.
thanks for the info I will try and find one . now for the next question how do i get the spline part off that is in front of that plate?

thanks for the info I will try and find one . now for the next question how do i get the spline part off that is in front of that plate?

When you get that seal out check the threads, there could be damage to the case, that may explain why that seal is leaking, or it was not screwed in all the way once again explaining the sealer, The extension shaft may have to be pulled off with a 2 jaw puller once the bolt is removed. You may try a brass punch in the holes of the seal, a spanner wrench may also work if you have one, it is LH thread go easy and check the case good for missing pieces

got the seal removed and there was no seal left just metal housing lol of course it was pouring oil there now i gotta find one cheaper than 40.00 but i doubt i will be able too. case looks fine so far.thanks for the help.photos are on photobucket under same name as here.

Back